Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
private plate you explain

Explain you private plate
As title.

RW62 SAW

so RW is my initials
62 is the year I got the car
SAW is my Mum's initials

I always wanted RWW on the end of a plate & my Mum always wanted SAW so I thought this was very fitting and puts a smile on my face every time I see it, just hope my Mum is looking down and is happy with it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I used to have a private plate but had only my name on and not the wife's. Wasn't worth the hassle of keeping.
Thinking of getting a new one.

Baring in mind my surname is Whelan what's your thoughts on the below.

WH14 LAN
thats a nice plate
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.

My name is Jody Adams.

79 JA came up recently which would have been perfect as 79 year I was born & my initials (I have no middle name). Unfortunately the £11k price tag was a stretch too far & it sold within days!
Using Tapatalk
I like the plate you have mate 79 JA would look too short.

did anyone see the article on confused.com about private plates?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Im sad and dont have a private plate :-( its just standard. I was going to make something up to fit in with the crowed ;-) but i have nothing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lewis6317 Wrote:Im sad and dont have a private plate :-( its just standard. I was going to make something up to fit in with the crowed ;-) but i have nothing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1. ...
The nearest I ever came to having a private plate was way back in 1972 before you could officially buy them. My initials were coming up in Newcastle and I was buying my new Vauxhall FB Victor 2.3 SL. The lady at the town hall said if she was on the page before MVK 1 L, I could have it. So I would go in each day to see where they were up to, when it got to the time of it being nearly there she asked for my address. When I gave it to her she said while I lived in Newcastle, the border for the purpose of having a New Registration from Newcastle stopped at the bottom of the hill about 1 mile from my address, I had to have a Northumberland plate. There was a second chance I was told, where was I buying the car from? When I told her it was coming from Whitley Bay, again she said that is Northumberland. If you bought the car in Newcastle you could have the number you want. The Whitley bay dealer was giving me a far better exchange for my old car, Over £100 more, and that Adams and Gibbons in Newcastle, now Bristol Street Motors would not go any better than £400 trade in. I was not able to afford the car if I only got £400 for the Ford Cortina, so I just had to let the idea go.

In those days I understand if you owned a car with a special number, to you, they would re-register the car it came off and give it a W Prefix or something like that and you could then keep your own number and register the new car with it. the last time I looked the nearest I could get was L1 MVK and that was Going to be £500
I'm a saddo and kept my first reg number off my first car - I've had it on 4 other cars so far. Fortunately I don't tend to change my cars that often so don't get stung for the £80 transfer all the time.

At the moment I drive round in a 1983 Astra J! Did try and find the next number on for the wife's car but unfortunately it's been scrapped so not available.
I have K9NKD waiting to go on my astra k9 for my love of my dog and NKD is me

Originally I had my G1 TMT plate on my Astra mk5 while its 'sister' plate G2 TMT was on my wife's Ford Streetka.

G1 TMT stands for 'Graham 1, and TMT being my wife's initials of Tracey Maria Thomas.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143[/ATTACH]
My plate it L18 MTU

L18M is my first name (obviously Liam)
18 is the date I was born
TU is for my last name Turner

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  private plates Bloopeta 12 7,269 20:th-Sep-2015, 09:01:08
Last Post: Bloopeta
  Cool private plate J1ODYA 0 2,987 16:th-Apr-2014, 10:30:23
Last Post: J1ODYA