Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
off astra ? write

Astra write off....?
Hi everyone, I crashed my car a few weeks ago and wrecked the passenger suspension ( hit a kerb). When parked at a garage a man tried squeezing thru and scraped my wing and I've went thru his insurance. I've been called to the garage (vauxhall) and they've told me my car has been in an accident prior due to crash bar being bent and a couple of other things.. They don't know I hit a kerb and the chassis is bent.. An assessor is coming out to see the car next week, is there any possibility they'd write the car off due to the previous accidents the car has been in if it's not actually road worthy....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if the chassis is bent there is a good chance it all depends on the cost of the repairer being more than the cost of the vehicle
sorry to here this
If the mans insurance can prove the chassis was bent prior to the accident would my insurance write the car off? My head is battered this is the 1st claim I've ever had to make against someone

that is not my area of expertise but i would say if it contributed to the accident then maybe that would be the case
was the car ever recorded as a cat D or C
has the last owner had the car repaired with out recording it if so this may open a new can of worms
as the car may not be up to safety standards or even insured at all
if the garage who sold it you did the repairs and sold it to you then you may have a case against them
sorry mate not that helpful you must be gutted
It's never been recorded as a cat d or c but when things have been took off eg bumpers you can see it's had bumps prior :/ I've found out that the garage I've bought the car from are cowboys to be honest...

hopefully all will be well mate
Hopefully they just repair the damage that was caused by the man when he scraped the side then I'm part exing it

I wish you luck mate my wife's mate had her car written of just for a rear door as they said the cost is more than the car is worth WTF use used parts and it will be cheaper (some polices say in the small print they may use used parts), I did tell her to buy the car back but they wouldn't let her.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
airbags are the worst for this some coming in at around £2000 just for replacing them before they do anything repair wise
All the airbags on the wife's car are out of date and need replacing.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I've been told the part that is dented is just behind the wheel.... The front part of the rail... What would happen if I got the actual bodywork sorted then just part ex'd it to say evans Halshaw...? Would they notice it was dented? If they didn't would there be any comebacks?

Most dealers never even road test a car just look at the body and mileage so you would most likely get away with it.

Once it's done it's down to them not you.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I think they ask if there's been any accident damage. If anything happened or if a potential buyer found out it could be traced back to you for not declaring the accident damage.

There's no way I'd sell a accident damaged vehicle without declaring it as it just wouldn't feel right
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That's true a lad in work traded in his BMW that had a screwed turbo, head and injectors. They didn't take it for a test drive they just started it and took a note of the mileage as it didn't give a fault light they were none the wiser as it only showed the faults when under load
From what people have told me, dealers will buy the car from you and if they don't spot things things there and then it's their fault.. My car has had accident damage prior to me buying it, but has never been cat c or d... Dealers also have to check the car over prior to sale. Plus how many people sell cars without problems in this day and age :/

how have things turned out graham ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,542 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,079 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,590 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,810 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,901 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,038 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,164 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,506 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,830 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra J workshop manual Euroshopper 1 1,967 9:th-Jan-2021, 08:09:36