Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
windows tinted

Windows Tinted
Have finally got the windows on my J tinted. Really happy with the outcome.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Look nice mate I like the Paul Walker sticker

Have you had the front windows tinted?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Seen this on Facebook looks good. Didn't think you could do the fronts as they have a factory tint
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yer fronts have been done. You can do the fronts but have to be a certain percentage to not get pulled.
What tint you got on front and back
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15% on rear and rear doors and 50% on driver and passenger.
Looks good but those fronts are illegal judging by the pics, I'm very certain they would already have been tinted to the legal limit.
Using Tapatalk
Yeah front is supposed to let 70% light through which is factory tint
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was thinking the front looked very dark I know when I had my tints done I was told they will not tint the fronts as it will be illegal.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yer they do look dark in the pics and they don't do them any justice but they are not bad at all when driving and standing by the car.
looks good i like it
It will say on the glass the level of tint from factory.

Either way I think cars should be allowed front tints
Using Tapatalk
Looks great

it's crazy I've changed my day to collect my car till Friday morning and ended booking the day off as I could no longer wait lol

And I booked the tints for the same day and have been thinking all day how dark should I go and should I even do the fronts

But thinking I'm going to end up going for like a medium tint all round

Loving the tint tho si sri
DE5IRED Wrote:Looks great

it's crazy I've changed my day to collect my car till Friday morning and ended booking the day off as I could no longer wait lol

And I booked the tints for the same day and have been thinking all day how dark should I go and should I even do the fronts

But thinking I'm going to end up going for like a medium tint all round

Loving the tint tho si sri

I went for 100% tint on all 3 (5 including the little ones) back ones. Left the front ones, I don't believe they are safe at night
It must of been well dark

I know what you mean about dark my 330ci had medium all round and parking at night at times meant the front windows needed to be down became annoying
But looked great
DE5IRED Wrote:It must of been well dark

I know what you mean about dark my 330ci had medium all round and parking at night at times meant the front windows needed to be down became annoying
But looked great

Not worth bringing attention from police and getting a fine IMHO, also they might start looking into your other mods then say you have modified it
I do agree don't get me wrong but personally I just think it looks better all round

I never got pulled in the 330ci nore the mrs,s evouqe but something dose make me think in the gtc I will be unlucky
DE5IRED Wrote:I do agree don't get me wrong but personally I just think it looks better all round

I never got pulled in the 330ci nore the mrs,s evouqe but something dose make me think in the gtc I will be unlucky

Yeh they do look better have to agree. Whichever people decide, DO NOT get it done by mobile person, few of my mates had bad experiences with them! Anyone up north should use expression tints in bradford
Just be aware it voids your insurance.
Using Tapatalk
I agree guys. I have has the same on my previous cars and never had a problem. Have been out this evening and just got in and it felt that I hadn't even had the fronts tinted.
All insurance is void technically anyways. . Aslong as you're happy with the work that's the main.. looking sweet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  electric rear windows marky79 5 4,062 11:th-Jan-2019, 09:04:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
Rear electric windows & front fogs problems... Griifter 18 7,413 30:th-Aug-2018, 20:01:30
Last Post: Griifter
  Tinted my rear lights Daz21 2 3,552 6:th-Apr-2016, 19:37:02
Last Post: Daz21
  Automatic windows Tonto 36 14,687 29:th-Jun-2015, 19:09:33
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Rear passenger windows..heated? monkeez 2 4,814 27:th-Mar-2015, 13:51:31
Last Post: monkeez