Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
people can why t read

Why can't people read
So I have a few nice signs on my door.

One is No cold callers
the other is informing people I don't want junk mail (this incl takeaway menus & charity bags)
the last is a Please close the gate sign.

I keep having cold callers knock on the door, of course I ask them politely if the can read and to read the notice in which they have failed to read and would they kindly leave and close the gate behind them, if they carry on they get told to F***OFF.

I also keep having takeaway menus charity bags and junk mail though the door, On the odd chance I catch them I go out and give it back (the best response was from an estate agent after I told him it clearly states NO JUNK MAIL) he said it's not junk, to Which I said it is to me.

I also keep finding my gate left open. When I used to do my morning and evening paper rounds I would close a gate even if it was open when I walked though it, the only time I wouldn't close a gate was if it was double gates that had been clearly left open.

What is wrong with these people?

Why don't they get it if I wanted something I would go to them, I have the takeaway's that I use I also don't want to to know if you've sold another house in the road and that you are looking for houses to put on your books and at the moment my landlord doesn't either.

WHY CAN'T YOU SHUT MY GATE!!!!!!
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hate to stereotype but most of the people who deliver junk mail, you'll find English isn't their first language OR a language they know at all so this doe not surprise me!
Using Tapatalk
Most of them understand English fine, they just like to say "Sorry me no understand".
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Haha, the best are the cold callers to my house phone, I can't explain on here what I say to them as it will just be a loads of stars LOL.
Lol I got a truecall it's great get no annoying calls.
http://www.truecall.co.uk/home.aspx
Not cheap but worth it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Last time I had a door to door sales person I kept them at the door for ages (Whilst I looked for my bank card/details) after around 10 minutes went back out told them I couldn't find them as we'd just moved in. Wrong I know as they are trying to do the job they are paid for but the we do have a sign that says no door to door sales people.

As for cold callers I just ask them if I get a free pizza tend and if not why not
Rusty2009 Wrote:Lol I got a truecall it's great get no annoying calls.
http://www.truecall.co.uk/home.aspx
Not cheap but worth it.
I did the cheaper option, I unplugged my home phone... Mobile only baby
Using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do people think of this mrtc 14 7,722 25:th-Jun-2016, 20:46:36
Last Post: Tonto
  So what do people do for their daily crust GOKIWI 35 13,593 10:th-Jun-2016, 10:09:24
Last Post: tommyboy1289
  what are people thoughts on chrome window pillars mrtc 6 5,649 26:th-Feb-2016, 13:44:15
Last Post: mrtc