Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
a an idiot i of been ve bit well

Well I've been a bit of an idiot.
Unfortunately yesterday evening after getting home. I stuck the car on the drive and shut the gates. Emptied the boot and shut the front door and locked it. As my hands were full and the key was in my pocket I didn't lock the car. Once in the house I got distracted with another sneezing fit so forgot all about the fact I hadn't locked the car.

Anyway got up this morning. Drivers seat was half way tilting forwards, rear seat was down, Glove box and drivers little storage box was open Dash cam had been unplugged Anyway had a quick check of the car and there's no damage. Only thing that has been taken was the ODB dongle that I had left plugged in.
Oops I thought where I lived was bad (only 3 mins walk from where the heroin addicts, drunks & prostitutes are), at least you only lost a dongle I guess. It's a shame that people have no respect for other peoples things anymore.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
That's it we moved from where we used to live as there were a couple of people dealing drugs. (They got raided a few times and even petrol bombed each others houses at one point) Where we are now is 100 times better but it happens everywhere. Just annoyed with myself that I didn't lock the car. Wouldn't mind I normally double check it's locked before going to bed but I didn't last night.
Interesting, if your car was on a drive then they must have been on the hunt to try... not really something you notice when just strolling past.
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:Interesting, if your car was on a drive then they must have been on the hunt to try... not really something you notice when just strolling past.

Yup is a little worrying as you say they were on the hunt to try. Got a feeling they might just try all the cars they see just incase on is left open.

They have also had to go over the wall as the gates were closed and they make a racket when you try and open them. Thing that does bother me is the ODB dongle was plugged in to the diagnostic port so had they removed it to try and program a key or start the car etc.
I'm not having a good time at the minute. Sat in work and for some reason I've just looked out of the window to see some guy with drivers door open on the car. So up I jump and start running out the office. Only to realise half way down the office it wasn't my car

Felt a right numpty but in my defence at my desk there is a tree blocking the view of my car so can only see the other one.
must be a Monday thing, I wind the wife up all the time as there is car the same as hers with only 1 letter different on the plate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009 Wrote:Oops I thought where I lived was bad (only 3 mins walk from where the heroin addicts, drunks & prostitutes are).

I thought this meant it was a GOOD area..... Dont ever go to Little London in Leeds lol
lol those VXRs are common as muck lol
Using Tapatalk
you got lucky they did not try to take the car
but glad you never left anything of value in the car
sure it was just an opportunist on the hunt for things in the car
Well got home and spoke with the neighbours and there car was done back at Christmas (which I had known about) they had also left the car unlocked also some else down the road had their car also done again it was left unlocked. So looks like somebody makes regular trips around the road.
bit of an all to common way to make easy money but keeping locked should sort it out
last year me and the wife both had are number plates stolen a few weeks apart a proper pain as replacing them is not cheap
Well hopefully shouldn't be having any more issues.

CCTV camera fitted over the weekend.
Very nice mate. Thinking if getting cctv.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I borrowed one from work for the time been. Need to finish the setup fully as at the minute it's streaming to my laptop. Only records motion which isn't to bad. Only thing I seen over the night was somebody's cat spraying the car. :(
nice looks good