Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
then better never late

Better late then never!
Hello fellow Astra J/GTC/VXR owners, never really had the time to properly introduce myself up until now but it's never to late lol. The names Gerald and I'm from the Powys area in Wales near Crickhowell in Abergavenny I work all over the Midlands and across the UK, previously bought an Astra J 5-door (had to be practical for the other half) SRi from a garage based in Cardiff, within the first week of owning it I had problems with having dead spots and service lights coming on which lead to having it being recalled but all is sweet now thanks to Warranty. I enjoy the occasional downhill mountain bike session also like going shooting on weekends also been a car enthusiast mainly Japanese import tuners but don't have the time, patience or money to own an Evo as of yet lol.. Maybe in my dreams perhaps.

Me and the old BSA Ultra Tactical Multi-shot Pneumatic 2.2:

My old Orange 222 World Cup Downhill Rig over @ Llangynidr Moors:

The one I would like now, 2014 Nukeproof Scalp:

And the Car:
Lovely nuke proof there very good bike that, I do a bit of that my self I got a custom built retro all mountain bike a Jamis Dakar comp with all XT and fox etc, nice too see what others get up too nice car also lol

but i do have the seat from a nuke proof :cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome, love the 5 doors especially in black or white.

Love the Ultra too, used to have one in .177 and also a R10 but don't get the time any more.
Cheers Tucpal, do you do a lot of cross country on the trails then? Thank you also Whelan, that's what I want now the BSA R10 mkII in 2.2. I've now sold the Ultra but wanting another after getting permission for shooting on a private farm.
The R10 is a lovely rifle but very heavy and not very practical in the field. I got rid of the R10 and got a regulated Ultra with an R10 shroud, was absolutely brilliant. Sadly didn't get the time and a local lad in pest control had it off me. Still got my old lightening springer.
spend a lot of time when i get the time in landegla its not too far from me
not been for a few months now due to work but hope to get there again soon.
i got 140mm front and 100mm rear travel so i realy like a bit of all round i wanted a purly down hill bike
but part of the fun is getting up there after all
Pictures only just came through there Tucpal, nice setup you got there.
I have heard about the r10 being a little on the heavy side but have always wanted one and probably will still get one and put a Deben bipod on it for when my arms get tired lol. After having a PCP makes me not want another springer perhaps due to the fact mine wasn't all that good to begin with haha, got a BSA SuperSport springer.

Yeah same hear really work gets in the way of all the fun stuff lol, a bit different to the downhill setup then my fronts were 205mm not to sure about the rear can't remember now but if you do get a downhill bike change the gear ratio to a freeride setup much more suitable for all round then, what sort of bike was you thinking?