Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
will work?? this

Will this work??
So seeing as I'm going to be going to trax I want to mod my car as much as possible before then.

No one is making chrome engine parts for the j that I can find, so would this work??

100ML PLASTI-KOTE CHROME SPRAY AEROSOL PAINT FAST DRY METAL WOOD METAL PLASTIC | eBay
I suspect it will look crap and not sure how the heat will make it react
Using Tapatalk
Don't think you'll get a smooth finish as the plastics under the bonnet are slightly textured. As above you might have a problem with heat. I'd either wrap or hydro dip some parts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
as above quotes
cornishtaz Wrote:Don't think you'll get a smooth finish as the plastics under the bonnet are slightly textured. As above you might have a problem with heat. I'd either wrap or hydro dip some parts

Tried wrapping but it doesn't stick as it's textured like you say
Hydro dip might be the best option but don't think you can get it in chrome finish

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:Hydro dip might be the best option but don't think you can get it in chrome finish

If I sanded it down the chrome would stick wouldn't it? Does it need lacqour??
Honestly don't know but I'd have thought you'd need some form of plastic primer. Still not sure how it would hold up to the engine bay heat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:Don't think you'll get a smooth finish as the plastics under the bonnet are slightly textured. As above you might have a problem with heat. I'd either wrap or hydro dip some parts

I agree with Taz on this one, hydro dipping would be the one definitely.
Hydro dipping is the way forward mate it looks really good but a heat proof primer may be needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Especially hydro dipping some lovely carbon fibre style goodies!

I'd love to do something similar when I have the chance.
Cam look at this thread I did awhile ago.

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Wheel-painting
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would cause stop/start to not work? Vx-Mad-G 12 19,780 1:st-Jan-2019, 10:15:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  P0480-00 fan low speed don't work kmy 2 3,488 23:rd-Jul-2016, 06:47:04
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Would this work with HIDS? Jj0063 1 3,150 10:th-Jan-2016, 22:42:51
Last Post: Jj0063