VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Will this work??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So seeing as I'm going to be going to trax I want to mod my car as much as possible before then.

No one is making chrome engine parts for the j that I can find, so would this work??

100ML PLASTI-KOTE CHROME SPRAY AEROSOL PAINT FAST DRY METAL WOOD METAL PLASTIC | eBay
I suspect it will look crap and not sure how the heat will make it react
Don't think you'll get a smooth finish as the plastics under the bonnet are slightly textured. As above you might have a problem with heat. I'd either wrap or hydro dip some parts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
as above quotes
cornishtaz Wrote:Don't think you'll get a smooth finish as the plastics under the bonnet are slightly textured. As above you might have a problem with heat. I'd either wrap or hydro dip some parts

Tried wrapping but it doesn't stick as it's textured like you say
Hydro dip might be the best option but don't think you can get it in chrome finish

cornishtaz Wrote:Hydro dip might be the best option but don't think you can get it in chrome finish

If I sanded it down the chrome would stick wouldn't it? Does it need lacqour??
Honestly don't know but I'd have thought you'd need some form of plastic primer. Still not sure how it would hold up to the engine bay heat

cornishtaz Wrote:Don't think you'll get a smooth finish as the plastics under the bonnet are slightly textured. As above you might have a problem with heat. I'd either wrap or hydro dip some parts

I agree with Taz on this one, hydro dipping would be the one definitely.
Hydro dipping is the way forward mate it looks really good but a heat proof primer may be needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Especially hydro dipping some lovely carbon fibre style goodies!

[Image: u8u2era4.jpg]

I'd love to do something similar when I have the chance.
Cam look at this thread I did awhile ago.

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Wheel-painting