Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
headlight dust covers replacement

Replacement Headlight Dust Covers
Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me sort an issue out with my headlights, I have put LED bulbs in my headlights with a fan On my Astra Gtc 1.6 64 plate. I cannot get the original covers on, Has anyone else done this and got replacement covers to make it air tight with fan still able to work properly. Thanks in Advance.
Funny you should say this I got a set of LED headlights for the wife's mokka but I didn't even get to fit them as the seller needed to send me an adaptor plate.

On sending them all the pic's they wanted they said I had to return the kit as they wouldn't fit the headlight.

I think the only thing you can do here is to buy some rubber cap which is big enough, cut a hole in you cap/s and fit them inside.

Although I have found this
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33026754644...492404b-38
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Also another option
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971350...web201603_
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(30:th-Sep-2020, 01:25:21)Zaf312 Wrote: Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me sort an issue out with my headlights, I have put LED bulbs in my headlights with a fan On my Astra Gtc 1.6 64 plate. I cannot get the original covers on, Has anyone else done this and got replacement covers to make it air tight with fan still able to work properly. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks for the links i will order one of each and see which one does the better job, ??
I would say the 2nd link is the better option as you don't have AFL.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi, mine does have AFL, its the 64 plate 1.6 turbo 200bhp version.
If you have AFL you will want a full cover cap as the bulbs move.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S