Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
issue gtc horn astra

Astra GTC Horn issue
Hi Everyone

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong folder but I could really do with some advice about the horn on my 2016 GTC. Over the winter it started to work intermittently and, as it is getting worse (sometimes it works but mostly not) with an upcoming MOT in November I have decided to replace it. I have managed to get a replacement horn unit from ebay complete with mounting bracket. I have a copy of the GTC manual which seems to indicate that I need to remove the front bumper unit to get to the horn assembly. Has anyone ever replaced the horn on a GTC and if so, is there a faster way of getting to the horn or do I have to remove the entire front bumper assembly ? I'm good at DIY and have a set of ramps but, if you think this really is a job for a garage, I'm happy to do that. Just need some friendly steer.

Any help / advice would be gratefully received ?

Many thanks in advance

Ed
I had an intermittent horn problem on my H astra and it was down to programming. Had a recall but they never sorted it properly. Hope you get sorted.
(4:th-Sep-2020, 17:49:42)AlanMac Wrote: I had an intermittent horn problem on my H astra and it was down to programming. Had a recall but they never sorted it properly. Hope you get sorted.

Hi Alan, many thanks, I suspect it could be a faulty connection or the horn itself but am just not sure. I'm hoping that someone on this site can tell me if there is a quick way to get to the horn without taking the bumper off of the car first. With my luck, I'll have to take the engine out to get to the horn !! All the best, Ed
Pretty sure I've seen a how 2 somewhere on removing the fog light unit to gain access to the horn.

EDIT - here you go

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Sin...e-retrofit
(7:th-Sep-2020, 11:45:38)Big Dave2 Wrote: Pretty sure I've seen a how 2 somewhere on removing the fog light unit to gain access to the horn.

EDIT - here you go

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Sin...e-retrofit

Hi Dave, That's brilliant, many many thanks for your reply. I've followed the instructions and fitted the new horn. All the best, Ed
If you can get the car up on a ramp it's possible to change without removing the bumper etc.

Have you checked the horn relay?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra J GTC retroffiting PDC milozic 2 2,842 22:nd-Sep-2019, 18:56:19
Last Post: milozic
  Astra J door Lighting ahmedkashaf 9 11,329 12:th-Feb-2017, 09:37:36
Last Post: ahmedkashaf