Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
wheel handbrake on one

Handbrake on one wheel
Hey up guys, hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. My handbrake is only applying onto the nearside wheel. While it was in my local garage (not stealership), the mechanic said it was just sticking. Its only doing it intermittently and wondered if anyone can advise me accordingly please? Cheers
Could they not adjust the cable slightly then.

Or how about trying to grease the slide pins?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
It was a flying visit really to the garage but wondered if there's anything in particular I need to pay attention to. This is my first car with the electronic parking brake that's all
Tucpal might be better on the EPB I have manual handbrake.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers Rusty, I'll PM him
As far as I'm aware the epb and manual handbrakes are the same at the wheel side. The difference is where the cables route to. Manual handbrake the cables run to the back of the handbrake lever where as epb system route to a motor that sits in the rear wheel well and when activated it pulls the cables.

John
Thanks John, wheel off time then at weekend me thinks
pm was sent
Need more info.

Does the cable actually pull the lever on the caliper? If it is, does it fully release? If it isn't fully releasing, then that mucks up the workings in the caliper, then it's a downward spiral from there. You need to then work out whether the caliper lever is the prob or the cable.
Kevin, thanks very much for the added info. I'm hoping to have a quick look at it before I go away in a week, although my plans will probably get scuppered lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water leak in boot, spare wheel karl100100 12 8,779 27:th-Jan-2021, 12:49:34
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Any suggestions on trim/wheel colour Jayrich872001 3 3,691 16:th-Feb-2018, 08:23:33
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Are there Known Machanical Handbrake issues? Hilly68 4 9,664 25:th-Nov-2014, 20:12:55
Last Post: Hilly68
  Steering wheel wobble when breaking Cameron UK 3 4,860 5:th-Aug-2014, 22:40:18
Last Post: Cameron UK

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (20:th-Jul-2023, 21:04:30)