Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
sri no settings why cdti vauxhall 7 astra 1 ? phone

Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi SRi no phone settings, why!?
Hi all,
Looking for some help/advice setting up my phone to my recently bought 2011 astra. I got this car because it has so many great qualities and the phone connection/bluetooth being 1 of them, as I've not had this before so was appealing. However, when searching through the configure options, theres nothing for phone or bluetooth and when I press the 'phone' button, it just mutes audio. I've reset the settings but still nothing.
I've read the infotainment booklet which says the bluetooth in the car and on the phone must be switched on, which is hard to do when I can't find bluetooth settings on the car! Then it goes onto "telephone specific adaptors" which is another level of idk for me, lol.
I took the car to a vauxhall garage to just ask if anyone had a clue, which they didn't, so they suggested looking on YouTube and if not, said I'd have to book it in to be looked at which will obviously cost.
I've looked on youtube and found tutorials of the same car but again, I have no options to select phone settings?! So have no idea where to even start to get this working if at all possible.
Some pics attached from booklet.
Any help appreciated!
Thanks

Hi, I would imagine it hasn't been programmed for Bluetooth and doesn't have the module. Most come with the phone button but as you say all that will do if you press it is mute the audio. Rusty does a kit to retrofit and I'm sure he'll be along and give you all the details.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
As John has said no BT module fitted.

It's one of those things that annoys everyone as they think it has it due to the buttons being there.

I do do a kit, however depending on if it has DAB & USB there maybe a cheaper faction option.

PM me the REG and I'll check the spec.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
as said above ^^^
if you've got the CD400 then it usually has the control buttons on the steering wheel, but no bluetooth fitted (it was an optional upgrade)
A lot of garages just assume that the buttons means it's got bluetooth and advertise these cars incorrectly.
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
(24:th-Feb-2020, 08:55:03)Rusty2009 Wrote: As John has said no BT module fitted.

It's one of those things that annoys everyone as they think it has it due to the buttons being there.

I do do a kit, however depending on if it has DAB & USB there maybe a cheaper faction option.

I have the CD400 Plus also with no bluetooth, I am looking to upgrade it to have both Bluetooth and sat nav. A lot of people have suggested the navi 950 but all the ones I have seen don’t look like they would fit.

I’m not bothered if it is factory or not but is there anything you would recommend, non factory options what to put the display where my stereo controls are which would mean I lose the buttons traction control, config and other options which I don’t really want to lose as in case I need to get back into those options at a later date.

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated.
(4:th-Aug-2020, 19:27:07)LewBlu Wrote:
(24:th-Feb-2020, 08:55:03)Rusty2009 Wrote: As John has said no BT module fitted.

I have the CD400 Plus also with no bluetooth, I am looking to upgrade it to have both Bluetooth and sat nav. A lot of people have suggested the navi 950 but all the ones I have seen don’t look like they would fit.

I’m not bothered if it is factory or not but is there anything you would recommend, non factory options what to put the display where my stereo controls are which would mean I lose the buttons traction control, config and other options which I don’t really want to lose as in case I need to get back into those options at a later date.

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated.

In terms of the factory Navi there is a metal box which goes behind the control panel, the bigger screen which replaces the current screen (in a new surround).

in terms of aftermarket double DIN you would need to the fascia kit (connects2) this retains the T/C ECO Parking sensors and heater control panel Have a look at my how-to & it will make sense.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...-head-unit
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Hi there,
Could you also help me.. I have a 2013 1.6 Auto Astra with the phone button but it isn't working - Is there a kit i can buy?
Thanks in advance

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOW TO FIX HEATED SEAT AND REPLACE SEAT COVER ASTRA J tucpal 78 88,482 13:th-Nov-2019, 09:49:21
Last Post: Rusty2009
  HOW TO FIT A PEDAL BOX, ASTRA J. tucpal 24 29,216 30:th-Jul-2019, 17:01:36
Last Post: param84
  Swap astra J dash display chrisscruton 6 7,975 25:th-Mar-2019, 10:16:12
Last Post: chrisscruton
help with interior A trim removal passenger pillar astra j stestrange82 3 6,901 20:th-Feb-2019, 13:45:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How to, Door Lock Catch Covers. Astra J. tucpal 10 12,374 28:th-Jun-2017, 12:58:56
Last Post: Steveb19111978
Astra vs. GTC Interior question neilll 2 5,642 20:th-Apr-2017, 21:11:00
Last Post: neilll
  How to stop Interior Trim Rattles from Passenger side area Astra J. tucpal 9 20,421 3:rd-May-2015, 17:42:49
Last Post: tucpal