Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
long beep braking whilst after audible

Long audible beep whilst/after braking.
Hi guys, after a couple of little recent untimely, parking sensor type beeps, I have travelled 30 miles today, with the worst possible, continuous, high pitched noise, for approx. the time the brake pedal has been depressed. Don't want to get back in it!! Any ideas.....please help.
now you say parking sensors they may be stuck on or something are the sensors clear and clean.
They all do seem clear & clean, though this beep has begun to stay on today, in the rain??? How do they stick on?
Dirt on the sensor can block the signal sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok. The only thing I find odd/coincidental is that the continued beeping starts when I brake???
Is the noise coming from the dash area?

It wouldn't be the wear indicator on the brake pads making the noise????
You would only get the parking sensors beep if the red light is on the button, also depending on trim you would get them displayed on the dash.

Make sure the parking sensors button light is out and then retest.

****Note If you you push the parking sensors button while driving they will turn on every time you slow to a set speed (I think it's 5MPH and below)*****
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Dave Wrote:Ok. The only thing I find odd/coincidental is that the continued beeping starts when I brake???
Morning guys, thanks for all of the replies thus far.

To clear up a few suggestions: the noise is loud & can't quite decipher whether it comes from the front or back, all I know it sounds like a constant sensor type of sound. I have no sensor button on the dash!!!

Today, I have driven to work, no rain & not a sound????!!!!!! I have looked at the sensors & one on the front is slightly recessed, is it possible that the water settles in the 1mm recess??? But then why would the noise happen yesterday only when braking??? Very odd & bloody annoying.
Are they aftermarket sensors or were they factory fitted?
JohnL Wrote:Are they aftermarket sensors or were they factory fitted?

Hi John, they certainly look like factory fitted to me.
Dave Wrote:Hi John, they certainly look like factory fitted to me.

If they are factory fit you will have a button on the radio controls, it will look like this

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Nothing like that Rusty but I've seen others that were added extras on purchase, that look like mine but wouldn't like to be 100%.
Hi Rusty, just had a look in the nearside pocket in the boot & found the the sensor box!!! Looks like a very tidy job though. Any suggestions??
Just disconnect the box and see what happens.
Cheers Kevin. Yeah tracked down the suspect sensor & see what happens. If not, will disconnect the front end.....not for me...& keep fingers crossed??? Though I still find it odd why the sound when braking in the rain yesterday????
if they are after market they may have taken power from the brake light may be
can you get a pic of the box and as above quote unplug it for now there may just be a duff sensor
Dave can you get a pic of the box?

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Dave can you get a pic of the box?

Hi guys hope these are ok????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]127[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]128[/ATTACH]
Not sure if done this correctly?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

it is an after market job mate they should have taken power for the rear from the reverse light
but for the front where they took the power from is any ones guess
if that has been beeping when the brake is pressed i would say they took the power from the brake lights
you need to trace the wires to were they go to
or replace the sensor that is at fault if it is
the next time you hear this disconnect plug A then plug A back in then plug B and so on this will find the faulty sensor
Yes defo aftermarket mate, I'd echo what Tucpal said trace the power sources and remove each sensor one by one.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
TAKING A PUNT IT IS THIS ONE
looks identical.

C-KO Front and Rear Parking Sensors PDC Kit 8 20mm Sensors Paintable 8SEN20 | eBay
I've seen a few of these aftermarket units go a little mad. Usually a case of disconnecting them for a few minutes and that fixes them.
Dave I got an email into the VX.O.C main email account I take it that response was meant to be posted on the forum, so I'll quote it for you, just have to remember not to reply to emails as they don't get posted on the forum.

Quote:I've disconnected the sensor that is slightly recessed & fingerscrossed....but today in the dry....had no issue????? So I guess need to waittil it rains tomorrow. Where do you suggest I power the fronts from? Other thanthat I may just disconnect all the front if that's what's causing the issue.I've had the car 6 weeks & this is the first time this has happened.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
it may have just been that as you say the sensor was pushed in a bit and water may have been building up on the sensor
and fooling it into thinking it was close to something
sure it will rain again soon so let us know what happens

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Delayed thump after braking from front of gtc bigsadie 7 5,307 5:th-Sep-2017, 15:19:57
Last Post: Rusty2009