Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
j elite 2014

2014 J Elite
Had the car roughly 3 months now, and there's 3 things that are driving me somewhat bloody insane.

First off was water getting in and sitting in the spare wheel well in the boot. After a return to the dealer they said it was due to the grommets for the brake lights, they replaced both sides just to be sure, and resealed. Or so they claim. Going in again now tomorrow as there's still water getting in behind the n/s brake light and sitting in the access panel on the boot lid (So I get water dripping on me head like a right spanner when I get the shopping out the boot)

Next up is a real doosey, and it's getting to a point where I'm ready to just tell the dealer to take the car back, and it involves the driver seat. Full leather interior, with bucket seats up front. The problem is with the Driver's seat base. The left side of the "bucket" seems to move around and squeak something awful whenever any weight moves on the seat. Which it tends to when I'm driving, and on these roads it means it's a constant overpowering noise. Seat had been stripped and "adjusted", and within 4 days, the problem is back, not only back, but evolved! Now I can feel the entire centre portion of the seat move underneath me when going through a corner, along with a satisfying "thud" when moving. Going to be bringing this up again, was promised a new seat base under sales warranty should the problem persist.

And the third is to do with the radio surround, where my leg rests when off the clutch, it's basically up against the surround trim, squeaks and creaks and pops a little.

I accept there's little I can do about a knackered seat, but what fixes can be done for the water ingress? (assuming the dealership still can't fix it, and I am assuming that) I feel like the problem almost certainly involves the guttering for the brake lights.
As for the surround trim, would sponge-packing around it be enough, or would something more substantial be needed to prevent any movement and thus squeaking?
The water ingress could be coming a few places there is a thread on here or a few threads which should help.

The radio fascia may just want some new clips.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I wrote a thread on here a while back about a series of grommets to seal in. I'll see if I can find it. It solved all my water issues.

Mine used to mist up really bad and I traced it to 2 areas

I when you lift tailgate there are 2 bungs at the top of the hatch area. My ns one was just weeping and dampening the back of the headlining so no visible water.

The second was a grommet on the os just behind the bumper again was just weeping through when it rained but that left a tiny puddle in spare wheel well.

The way I cured mine was remove the 2 grommets at the top of the tailgate and reseal with sealer and I did the same with grommet behind bumper, bit more fiddly but the bumper didn't have to be removed.

I can now say I don't have any misting whatsoever, it's transformed the car in my opinion. Not necessarily your issue but well worth the look it took me weeks to find. Loads of posts about the problem very little on resolutions.

Hope this helps..... Good hunting
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
After getting the car back from the dealer, it seems they've re-done the grommets they originally did (Had it in for water pooling in the spare wheel well some weeks ago), and the grommets located behind the bumper.
It seems they've also corrected some of the guttering around the brake lights on the boot lid itself, and that's seemed to have solved the issue of water getting behind there. Will see if that's it sorted now.
I think the grommets go a bit hard so the don't seal properly.

Fingers crossed
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gear Knob issue (Automatic 2014 Astra GTC) DC23 1 5,329 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:08:37
Last Post: Rusty2009