Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
fuels sensor temperature

Fuels Temperature sensor
I'm getting a P0181 Error pretty much every morning (starting the car from cold), got the car from a trader and he's been quite good (paying for visits to the garage to get it sorted etc.) so last time the garage he was using replaced the fuel rail with the sensor... The error code still occurs. I don't know whether it's me but isn't the sensor on the end of the fuel rail a pressure sensor?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yep just replace the sensor no need to change the whole rail
Well the car came with a warranty and they've replaced the whole thing... silly I know. The problem is - the P0181 error code refers to:"Fuel Temperature Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance". and replacing the sensor would help but this sensor is the fuel pressure sensor, and the replacement didn't do anything - same error... So if I'm not correct and the temperature is being derived of the pressure value, what else would be at fault? and on the other side - if I'm correct there's a separate fuel temperature sensor or the fault code refers to a different problem masked by the P0181. Any ideas?
I'm having the same issue with the fuel temperature sensor, P0181 and it pops up as "service vehicle soon" essentially every morning.

Basically the same car, Astra J 1.7CDTI (A17 DTE engine, 81kW), year 2013. However, there is slight difference, I've disabled DPF. Around that time the problems (P0181) started.

I've seen OP's thread where he had it on sale:
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Ast...x-1-7-CDTI

He stated that a lot of parts were changed in the process, and that faulty DPF sensors were to blame. I do have sensors in place still though, but they shouldn't be in use since DPF is disabled.

I've already replaced the complete fuel filter housing with no luck.

Just this morning another Astra J with the same engine came to the repair shop where my friend works as a mechanic (it's independent shop, as they are very common in developing countries of South-East Europe). But that one is original, intact, with around 70k miles on the clock, throwing the same error.

Could this P0181 really be DPF sensor fault, despite that code relates to Fuel temperature sensor?

I wish I saw this thread before. I disabled DPF because of the extremely frequent regens, I'd be really mad if all of these problems (including my frequent regens) are actually due to DPF sensor fault. I'm mad already to be honest, I bought diesel car purely due to weak stock of petrol ones.

@Nuko-san, can you please share more details of your problem?

Thanks,
Vedran
The fuel temp sensor is integrated in the fuel filter housing, not the fuel rail. The sensor on the fuel rail is the fuel pressure sensor.
(7:th-Feb-2018, 08:52:32)stigeye Wrote: The fuel temp sensor is integrated in the fuel filter housing, not the fuel rail. The sensor on the fuel rail is the fuel pressure sensor.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I already changed the fuel filter housing to no avail. Error still pops up.

And it is a odd thing, if the error is deleted, it won't pop up again until next day morning, when the engine is started. It has to be some kind of self-test procedure that throws off the error.
Hi matey, so it was the dpf sensor no 2, had most of the electrics/wiring changed on warranty including a brand new ecu but apparently (what a surprise) someone in opel made an error and the display message is being screwed up. Not cool about removing the dpf though, I gathered by now it's a poor engineering feature on the car but keep in mind it's there for a reason, don't keep the car running in an underground garage etc.
(7:th-Feb-2018, 16:38:42)Nuko-san Wrote: Hi matey, so it was the dpf sensor no 2, had most of the electrics/wiring changed on warranty including a brand new ecu but apparently (what a surprise) someone in opel made an error and the display message is being screwed up. Not cool about removing the dpf though, I gathered by now it's a poor engineering feature on the car but keep in mind it's there for a reason, don't keep the car running in an underground garage etc.

Hi, I'm new here meaning that my comments were coming in a bit late, they had to be approved.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not happy with DPF removal, I regret it very much. However it was painful to have regens almost every 10 miles. When the filter was removed, it appeared normal, not completely clogged with particles. This leads to conclusion that ECU thought the filter was full, most likely due to incorrect DPF sensors.

Unfortunately now is too late for me, I already removed the DPF, but got this P0181 in the process. 

So basically in your case, the P0181 disappeared when the DPF sensor 2 was replaced? Because my friend had experience with another Astra J coming to his garage, with the same issue, and this one has everything original, no DPF removed. It could be that this one has DPF sensor issue as well.

I'm only guessing, I've searched on internet to find any P0181-related issues on 1.7CDTI Astra J but this is the only one I found.
Hello, does anyone have new information about P0181? Anyone else having this problem?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sensor Box Window Tint sheppy1 1 5,571 29:th-Jul-2016, 16:10:25
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Light sensor warning! Alienbv 9 8,939 12:th-Mar-2015, 15:30:35
Last Post: tucpal
  AFL level sensor recalibration cornishtaz 4 7,395 30:th-Apr-2014, 08:38:20
  Remove the sensor casing on the windscreen JohnL 3 7,129 9:th-Apr-2014, 18:17:59