Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
vauxhall reader? code

Vauxhall code reader?
Hi im looking for a code read for my wife corsa but also that will read codes on my 2012 j

Ps whats a good make model at a reasonable price please.
Thanks
I purchased a I-Carsoft OP 2 fault reader for my previous Vauxhall Astra J, however it does read & clears the fault codes on my nephew's Corsa D & I had plugged it into my GTC to check to see if there was any faults codes before I purchased the car, it explains what the fault codes stored are & I find it handy just in case.
(28:th-Feb-2019, 19:18:38)marktourino Wrote: I purchased a I-Carsoft OP 2 fault reader for my previous Vauxhall Astra J, however it does read & clears the fault codes on my nephew's Corsa D & I had plugged it into my GTC to check to see if there was any faults codes before I purchased the car, it explains what the fault codes stored are & I find it handy just in case.

Thanks, but that's a bit more than i want to spend at the moment,
I use Vgate iCar 2 Mini OBD2 II about £15 with torque pro app ,Great to clear fault codes i did many times on my astra J .on top of that i use it to monitor various perameters of the car using torque pro for instance DPF ,EGR etc.
I think its a great combo.
(1:st-Mar-2019, 13:17:45)Rocky33 Wrote: I use Vgate iCar 2 Mini OBD2 II about £15 with torque pro app ,Great to clear fault codes i did many times on my astra J .on top of that i use it to monitor various perameters of the car using torque pro for instance DPF ,EGR etc.

Thanks ill give it a go
(1:st-Mar-2019, 13:17:45)Rocky33 Wrote: I use Vgate iCar 2 Mini OBD2 II about £15 with torque pro app ,Great to clear fault codes i did many times on my astra J .on top of that i use it to monitor various perameters of the car using torque pro for instance DPF ,EGR etc.
Any elm type obd reader will connect your mobile phone via torque app and they are down as low as 3 or 4 pound now. They are well handy for reading and clearing. Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
http://www.op-com.co.uk/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I plugged in my bluetooth EBD2 adaptor and it brought up some fake fault codes and put the car into Limp mode.

I unplugged it and the codes and limp mode stayed until a few hours later when everything returned back to normal.
I then plugged in my Vgate style plug in EBD reader and there were no codes present or pending and everything was good.

So , the bluetooth EBD reader went straight into the bin.

I googled this problem and found lots of similar stories. with the same fault codes being thrown up as mine. Traction control, engine low power.
Is it because the car has two ECU.
My better quality plug in Vgate style plug in EBD reader sees two ECUs and you have to choose the correct one to read from. the other one gives no info. Probably an ancillary control unit for other stuff, maybe Traction control and the like.

Any ideas, or similar experiences?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.4 non turbo P0171 code Mohammed_Malik 1 373 15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Fault code Kiel0777 1 1,541 26:th-Jun-2020, 07:26:55
  Gtc astra 2012 headgasket code trevorgetty@aol.com 1 2,640 16:th-Mar-2019, 10:30:41