Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
off under plastic hanging car

Under car plastic hanging off
Recently had a minor problem with me 2015 GTC

Plastic under carriage/skid pan(maybe?) had drooped down. Positioned under the engine (See pics)

The two passenger side screws have come loose, and by the pics they are still in the plastics

I've got under the car and attempted to screw them back in but they only go half a turn, and with a bang of my fist on the plastic they pop out again. So I'm assuming its the thread that's gone?

Whats my best play here. New screws? If someone could advise on what to do, would be much appreciated! See below for pics, apologies for shocking photography

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The screws only go about half a turn they don't last long TBH.

I've lost 2 of mine somewhere just used cable tie's instead.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I had the same issue, didn't realize until someone pointed out the scraping sound my car was making. Tie wraps should hold it in place though

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
This is normal occurance ,mine were rusted ,i spray WD40 and screw back ,they are fine since however as rusty and Sab90 suggested cable ties would do the trick .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! Plastic underneath bumper mw2299 2 3,516 23:rd-Sep-2017, 19:12:29
Last Post: mw2299
  Random Plastic Cover sheppy1 11 6,086 30:th-Dec-2015, 15:43:18
Last Post: sheppy1