Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
sports a new tourer questions owner few of

New owner of Sports Tourer.. a few questions.
Hi all,

Picked up a 64 plate 2.0 CDTI SRI sports tourer this morning and so far so good! I just have a few questions.

I only have 1 key which was a little disappointing, what's the best way to go about getting a spare? Saw a few ads on eBay but wasn't sure who to trust and what to pay.

Second thing I noticed a small cubby hole type thing on the inside of the tailgate that has clips that open.. any idea what it's for??

Lastly I have a few patches on the alloys that are rough almost like the lacquer has been damaged by a cleaning product or something.. is there a fix for this or is it refurb only? It's a shame as otherwise they are in great shape.

I'm sure I'll have more questions but any help much appreciated.

Thanks.. 

Marc
Welcome to VXOC.

As to the key I would say unless you have someone local who could code it I would say main dealer (although costly) Used keys can't be programmed to a other car.

The alloys are prone to rusting very common I would suggest a full refurb.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hello and welcome.
If your tailgate trim is the same as mine, then it should contain the first aid kit and warning triangle - mine are also missing!
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
My AA membership comes with free key insurance, I just needed to activate it. I only have one key for my Astra as well, well at the moment that is
Ah the triangle and first aid kit makes sense thanks! Must have gone walkies.

It's a shame about the wheels it's only the inside of one spoke on one wheel so not worth a full refurb yet.

Any idea how much dealers charge for new keys? I'm guessing it's more than the £100 people on eBay are asking!

Thanks.
I had my key changed under warranty a couple of years ago as there was an intermittent immobiliser fault.

Garage said that it would have been around £150 if I had to pay for it.
(16:th-Oct-2018, 10:52:02)Big Dave2 Wrote: I had my key changed under warranty a couple of years ago as there was an intermittent immobiliser fault.

Garage said that it would have been around £150 if I had to pay for it.

Thanks, just emailed a local company for a quote and they said £120 so probably not far off the mark. I'll need to do it at some point as although I can't remember the last time I needed to use a spare key on any of my cars you can guarantee i'll need one when I don't have one!
Welcome to the forum mate.
I don't think the first aid kit and triangle actually come with the car as standard. I think it's an accessory and is purchased separately?
I've just found this on the Opel accessory site

https://www.opel-accessories.com/opel_ao...t/13312917

As far as I can tell the Vauxhal site only shows accessories for current models (astra k etc) the opel site still shows older models
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Owner - Few Questions pr0xibus 5 1,472 25:th-Feb-2023, 20:15:36
Last Post: pr0xibus
Three GTC VXR questions neilll 3 1,723 14:th-Aug-2021, 21:33:37
Last Post: neilll
  Looking to buy an Astra-J, after some genuine owner advice. Vx-Mad-G 59 26,113 5:th-Mar-2017, 23:32:34
Last Post: RodgerH
  Few Questions JJ00 1 2,998 23:rd-Feb-2017, 18:57:04
Last Post: sheppy1
  Astra J Sports Tourer Rear Lights Doraemon02 2 4,012 27:th-Oct-2016, 04:05:56
Last Post: Doraemon02
  1.6T 180bhp questions raimon 25 16,752 27:th-Aug-2016, 16:33:07
Last Post: srea064
  A few noobie questions JPW 13 7,413 22:nd-Aug-2016, 05:49:48
Last Post: JPW
  A few questions about my Astra gregj 5 4,750 11:th-Jul-2016, 22:40:24
Last Post: gregj
  Many much Questions GOKIWI 3 4,226 3:rd-Jun-2016, 14:16:25