Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
map jumping navi650

Navi650 Map Jumping
Hi all, has anyone else had any issues with the navigation on the Navi650. When driving along it seems to lag behind and follow the wrong roads as if it's lost GPS. It can be fine for miles but then as soon as you get into a town etc. It will completely get thrown off course. Will try a reset by taking a battery terminal off this week.

Has anyone else experienced this or similar before?

Not really a biggie for me as I don't rely on the maps, it's just a handy feature to have and would be nice to have working correctly haha.

Cheers folks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
(14:th-Oct-2018, 08:31:37)AndrewCall Wrote: Hi all, has anyone else had any issues with the navigation on the Navi650. When driving along it seems to lag behind and follow the wrong roads as if it's lost GPS. It can be fine for miles but then as soon as you get into a town etc. It will completely get thrown off course. Will try a reset by taking a battery terminal off this week.

Has anyone else experienced this or similar before?

Not really a biggie for me as I don't rely on the maps, it's just a handy feature to have and would be nice to have working correctly haha.

Cheers folks

I have the Navi500 and it has been AOK (no lag etc) until a few weeks ago when it suddenly went ape for a while!

Could not find itself and resetting etc did nothing.

It was AOK later and still is - common sense and luckily in an area I knew helped.  Luckily not central London ?
There was an issue with the 650's doing this iirc it was fixed with a software update.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for the reply chaps. Thought it may have been a satellite issue that Vauxhall are linked to maybe not.

RE the software update it's a 14 plate second hand so I'd assume it wouldn't be a Vauxhall do it for free jobbie?

No it wouldn't, it's a 2 part update part 1 is downloading the updating from GM sever to USB, 2nd part after USB update is to reprogram the radio via sps, although I know most never do the 2nd part.

@JPbroad1970 has used the USB update I have for the 950 on his radio with no ill effects & didn't carry out the 2nd part.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Is that the update that fixes the flashing road names too?

If you could please point me in the right direction to get a copy it'd be much appreciated cost dependant of course

(15:th-Oct-2018, 09:11:25)AndrewCall Wrote: Is that the update that fixes the flashing road names too?

If you could please point me in the right direction to get a copy it'd be much appreciated cost dependant of course

I'm not sure I've not heard of this problem before.

If you wanted the Update I could get it for you as you need access to the GM server to get it, but I would take NO responsibility if things went wrong which I'm sure you can understand.

I would charge you the cost of what GM charge me which after bank fees works out at £45.

Mandatory Controller Specific Instructions (to be respected): 

ATTENTION!

The downloaded Software package shall ONLY be used for the current vehicle. Do NOT use package on other vehicles! Otherwise the controller may be damaged! Before the software update is started please follow the instructions shown below: 

l) Connect a battery charger until the update is completed' 

2) Insert the USB drive into the vehicle USB port 

3) Press the Config button to select the Configuration Settings 

4) Select the Radio Settings and press the MENU button to confirm 

5) Select Software Versions Men 

6) Select Update Radio Software 

Follow the on-screen prompts Remove the USB flash drive when the update is completed. 

Mandatory Step: After removing the USB flash drive press the Config button to select the Configuration Settings… Clear and Reset Radio. 

Please reprogram the control module via ALDL (e.g. MDI) after completion of the USB update. 
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Will send you a PM mate

Hi Andrew and Rusty2009,
My Navi650 exhibits the same symptoms as Andrew's. Following advice off auto elec Brian in Dickens Wrexham, I bought and fitted new shark fin. £50 later, no improvement ?
Did the map update work?? If so can I get a copy??
Unlike you guys I use sat nav a lot, ironically around Cheshire! I look a muppet with intigrated sat nav and my Garmen stuck to the screen.

Hope you can help,
Cheers
All,
I've tried all I can think of now with no success. Really keen to fix the issue so Rusty is checking if I require an update. Meanwhile does anyone else have any thoughts? I've had the head unit out and all seems fine and established that my new shark fin is plugged and earthed correctly.
Would welcome any help thanks
Navi650 Update is now available.

I'm fairly sure the issue is software related and not hardware related.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
All,
After a few false starts the update is complete and appears to be successful!
Not a moment too soon the navigation now functions as intended.
Big thanks to Rusty for all the help and advice.
If anybody else has this issue, consider software before buying a replacement shark fin.
Cheers
Glad it's all sorted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sorry to Hijack this thread, but my Navi650 has been fine until The weekend when it suddenly assumed i'm in Germany and now it doesn't find any satellites and so wont navigate anywhere. Is there anyway i can reset it.

My DAB works perfectly, so not sure there's a problem with the fin aerial?
Hi Jonie,
The shark fin only does the GPS I've learned, there's an aerial in the window for the DAB.

Try going in to the configuration settings and choosing 'clear & reset radio' because this step was required after i did my software update. It will reset and loose your stored addresses etc but small price to pay if it restores the navigation.

Good luck
What year is yours Durv? Mines still got a mind of its own. I'm wondering rusty, would my VIN have an update available yet? I seem to recall you having issues finding my update. Cheers

Hi Andrew,
mines on a 64 plate mate. Since the update, it's relapsed a couple of times but re-setting has fixed it again. Why not try that?

Its the second to last step from above: 'press the Config button to select the Configuration Settings… Clear and Reset Radio'
I don't know what the final step means so I haven't done it i.e. 'Please reprogram the control module via ALDL (e.g. MDI) after completion of the USB update.'