Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
weekend job odd meet

Odd job weekend meet
I've been thinking seeing as we've got a few members who happen to be technically minded and have various skills of the ins and outs of the J how does a odd job meet sound.

We could arrange it possibly over a weekend meeting up somewhere convenient for all interested members.

This would be a good opportunity for people to get those little jobs done that there not sure of and we can spread our knowledge and skills though out the forum.

Please add your thoughts below and if we can get this going ahead we can get a list of jobs that people want doing so that the right members with the correct skills are available
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great idea Taz, whose central with a workshop?

I have no skills but am good at picking things up & holding them.
Using Tapatalk
I've got a double garage, workbench and plenty off tools, trouble Swindon isn't very central for everyone
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
good idea i may pop along
I'm free most weekends but I wouldn't expect people to come to me as it's a fair distance.

If members could list what they require doing it would give me a better idea if it would be 1 day or 2 days
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good idea Baz,

Like you I have a large garage with tools and work bench (although needs cleaning off), but again being Bournemouth further down than you its a trek.

But up for this for sure.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I'm happy to install trackers if this is any good to anyone assuming I am free on a date that is arranged and enough people want one fitting for it to be worthwhile me making the trip (Sorry if I'm sounding ****y, its not meant to sound that way lol). I'm away driving abroad 23rd May to 31st May. You'll need to buy the tracker and bring it along, as well as a SIM card loaded with some credit. See the 'How to' guide on installing a tracker for less than £30 on how to go about buying one ready for an install. Note - A Smartphone is required for it to work. Should take less than an hour for each installation.
I'd be up for these depending on the location. Not that I can do much just wants lots done haha
Cool looks like there's some interest

If you can start listing what you want doing and your location we can start sorting dates and locations

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't have much that needs doing to be honest, I would come along for a gander though, quite interested in the tracker
can anyone powder coat
I want my wheels powder coated in speckle sliver on the outside and the grey you used Tucpal on the inside.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
not sure if you add two colors on the powder coating its the next job on my list thou
I would definitely be interested, not very DIY orientated so this would be good, I wouldn't mind having some footwell lights and door lighting fitting if anyone would like to volunteer lol
I'd also be interested in tracker and ambient lighting.
We need some vxoc stickers too.
we were just talking about the stickers the other day they will happen eventually
if i can make the meet depending on date etc i will do your ambient lighting.
and you two can clean my car
So we have tracker and ambient lighting installs mainly for out northern members.

We just a good date for everyone and a location

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tucpal Wrote:can anyone powder coat
I can wrap

WhelanUK Wrote:I'd also be interested in tracker and ambient lighting.
We need some vxoc stickers too.
I've got some on order, will post pictures when they arrive
Baz I can do footwell lights, Flexfloor, (this may be handy if 2 people want to swap)I can do other things.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers Tupcal, I will take you up on that offer
All sounds promising just need date and place!
Can we make a list please and copy and paste the list as you add your name. Then if members with the correct skills/knowledge can add their name next to the job req'd eg.

user name - required job - member with req'd skill
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WhelanUK - Tracker, Ambient lighting
WhelanUK Wrote:WhelanUK - Tracker, Ambient lighting

I can do your ambient lighting, I can also add a connector on the glove box one so you don't have to take the light off when changing the filter (would have to charge for the connector though).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Oweh - ambient lighting
Rusty2009 Wrote:I can do your ambient lighting, I can also add a connector on the glove box one so you don't have to take the light off when changing the filter (would have to charge for the connector though).

In English haha not sure what that means.
WhelanUK Wrote:In English haha not sure what that means.

it was in English.

If you want Foot-well lights I can do them for you same as door ambient lighting.

But with the footwell lighting you have to stick them under the dash, The one that sticks to the bottom of the glove box will need to be removed every-time the glove comes out.

It will cause it to lose it's stickiness so I can add a connection so you can unplug it and leave it stuck on.

Same with the Door ambient light I can add the missing connection so if the door card/s need to be removed they can be.

These are the connections I use.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ah that makes sense. Seems like a much better and more professional way of doing things. Not 100% sure about footwell lights.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CarPro meet - Sunday 16th April 2017 Tonto 0 4,129 14:th-Apr-2017, 09:20:59
Last Post: Tonto
  Meet anytime soon? Nemo 33 16,253 11:th-Jan-2016, 16:49:40
Last Post: Hev
  Club Meet Tonto 29 27,986 1:st-Aug-2015, 06:30:20
Last Post: Tonto
  Club Meet Tonto 15 20,494 9:th-Jun-2015, 22:54:17
Last Post: WhelanUK
  Odd jobs meet 28/09/2014 Cameron UK 25 13,697 28:th-Sep-2014, 23:13:34
Last Post: tucpal