Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
good bad or

Good or bad
So I've ordered some of this stuff for the rear lights and potentially the front fogs and indicators if I have enough left over.

Now sure how it will turn out but I'll keep you updated:

60cm x 106cm Black Fly-Eye Road Legal Mesh Tinting Film Head / Rear Light Lamp | eBay
it should look good
Can't see the point! I would think it will cut down on the light output of the headlights we are always talking of boosting , not reducing.

Not for me.
This is the view most seen by others
Migwell030744 Wrote:Can't see the point! I would think it will cut down on the light output of the headlights we are always talking of boosting , not reducing.

Not for me.

Good job I'm only doing the rear lights and fogs then!! I don't understand why people do their main lights either haha
tinting the main lights will also fail an MOT.
Yeah its much better for the people coming up behind you having less chance of seeing you... I never understood tinting lights at all.
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:Yeah its much better for the people coming up behind you having less chance of seeing you... I never understood tinting lights at all.
It's not tinting as such. It gives the tinting effect but without reducing light from what I've heard, I'll be posting pictures anyway, my car is going for the stealth look so it's a 'must' for me
I can
Confirm this will not fail an mot as we sell this material as well. It looks awesome on the rear lights mate.
For all your lighting needs click below
www.lushlightingcity.co.uk
The perforated vinyl lets the light come out if that makes sense you will lose 4% of light as well be very careful when applying use minimum heat
For all your lighting needs click below
www.lushlightingcity.co.uk
I would think if you don't want lights to be bright you could get some lower wattage bulbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is the view most seen by others
Migwell030744 Wrote:I would think if you don't want lights to be bright you could get some lower wattage bulbs.

It's not the bulbs themselves, it's the red housing, it's to red lol. I wrapped the 2 lights on the boot in this stuff and it looks great but couldn't do the 2 main lights, I'm taking the car into my tinting place tomorrow to get the rear window redone (scratched it) and they are gonna tint the lights for £30
I don't know why you would bother with darkening the rear lights, the OEM tinted units don't really cost that much, why not just fit some of those, or do you already have them?

They come standard on the Sri. They art dark enough for me. I'm getting them sprayed by tinted lacqour
Ah ok, you want them black! Nice to see some before & after pics if you remember

How did you get on with this?
Did you get all the body work done with the splitter, spoiler and side skirts, we need pictures.
WhelanUK Wrote:How did you get on with this?
Did you get all the body work done with the splitter, spoiler and side skirts, we need pictures.

Yeh it's all done, don't have the side skirts yet, waiting for a nice day to clean it and get some pics, wouldn't recommend fly eye wrap for astra j lights as they have a lot of curves, my landlord owns a bodyshop and he's gonna spray them with a tinted lacqor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are these any good? Lammydave 6 4,812 24:th-Oct-2017, 16:15:47
Last Post: Lammydave
  Good bye to the forum grahamfromoldham 6 4,938 10:th-Aug-2016, 10:47:32
Last Post: grahamfromoldham
  Good service results! Cameron UK 4 4,758 23:rd-Oct-2014, 10:49:40
Last Post: Cameron UK
  Is this a good quote? SI SRI 4 4,745 3:rd-Sep-2014, 22:50:42
Last Post: SI SRI
  Interesting, good luck rusty lol Cameron UK 5 5,744 14:th-Jun-2014, 22:58:35
Last Post: richje100