Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
any are good? these

Are these any good?
https://www.car-vision.co.uk/astra-j-/62...oitwich-no
I've got the earlier version, the V2. installed in May 2015. I believe the V3 is even better. The staff were ever so helpful and friendly.

Works very well. MP3's via a memory stick can be slow to load if you've got the Nav system running, but as the V3 has a better processor, etc I imagine that's not a problem. I also go them to install a reverse camera while I was there.

There are other systems available though. i.e. Android based systems.
(23:rd-Oct-2017, 10:47:41)Big Dave2 Wrote: I've got the earlier version, the V2. installed in May 2015.  I believe the V3 is even better. The staff were ever so helpful and friendly.

Works very well. MP3's via a memory stick can be slow to load if you've got the Nav system running, but as the V3 has a better processor, etc I imagine that's not a problem. I also go them to install a reverse camera while I was there.

There are other systems available though. i.e. Android based systems.

Nice one, Dave.... very tempted as the satnav looks better than the Vauxhall standard one... does everything work with all the steering wheel controls etc, as they claim?
(23:rd-Oct-2017, 12:45:10)Lammydave Wrote: Nice one, Dave.... very tempted as the satnav looks better than the Vauxhall standard one... does everything work with all the steering wheel controls etc, as they claim?

The steering wheel controls operate the phone, both to answer and reject calls. You need to use the touch screen to call up your list of contacts, although if you press the call button on the wheel twice, it will bring up the last dialled numbers.
You can skip to the next/previous track with the same scroll button that you use for station changes and CD track changes.
To select music though (i.e. MP3 through USB memory stick) you'll need to use the touch screen, unless they've since changed it. You can jump back to the radio or CD with the selector button though.
The Nav is totally controlled via the touch screen.
Volume button works as it always did as that is still controlling the original stereo. The Carvision system is tapped in the Aux socket connection and the jack socket in the cubby hole is made redundant.

Give them a call if you've any questions. I found them really helpful before I committed in parting with my money.
(23:rd-Oct-2017, 13:31:31)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(23:rd-Oct-2017, 12:45:10)Lammydave Wrote: Nice one, Dave.... very tempted as the satnav looks better than the Vauxhall standard one... does everything work with all the steering wheel controls etc, as they claim?

The steering wheel controls operate the phone, both to answer and reject calls. You need to use the touch screen to call up your list of contacts, although if you press the call button on the wheel twice, it will bring up the last dialled numbers.
You can skip to the next/previous track with the same scroll button that you use for station changes and CD track changes.
To select music though (i.e. MP3 through USB memory stick) you'll need to use the touch screen, unless they've since changed it. You can jump back to the radio or CD with the selector button though.
The Nav is totally controlled via the touch screen.
Volume button works as it always did as that is still controlling the original stereo. The Carvision system is tapped in the Aux socket connection and the jack socket in the cubby hole is made redundant.

Give them a call if you've any questions. I found them really helpful before I committed in parting with my money.

booked in next week... reversing camera too....
(23:rd-Oct-2017, 15:43:19)Lammydave Wrote: [quote pid='45375' dateline='1508761891']
booked in next week... reversing camera too....

Let us know how you get on.

Like I previously said, I'm happy with my system, Although there are some very good Android units out there now that apparently have more features.
will do, Dave.... was happy with this one as it all works with steering wheel controls etc, and the display isn't a naff one and looks original.. plus I can get it fitted and plus the reviews are good

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good bye to the forum grahamfromoldham 6 4,938 10:th-Aug-2016, 10:47:32
Last Post: grahamfromoldham
  Good service results! Cameron UK 4 4,758 23:rd-Oct-2014, 10:49:40
Last Post: Cameron UK
  Is this a good quote? SI SRI 4 4,745 3:rd-Sep-2014, 22:50:42
Last Post: SI SRI
  Interesting, good luck rusty lol Cameron UK 5 5,744 14:th-Jun-2014, 22:58:35
Last Post: richje100
  Good or bad Cameron UK 15 8,274 6:th-Jun-2014, 06:40:10
Last Post: Cameron UK