Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
chaps help

Help chaps.
So chaps what will get rid of this?

Last year was the first time I ever compounded polished and waxed a car (hell it's my first and only NEW car).

I didn't think about putting masking tape over the trim (this year I've got frog tape).

I am using the trim restorer which it only hides it until I wash it again I want it gone for good.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Nut oil or peanut butter... honestly it will work
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:Nut oil or peanut butter... honestly it will work

I don't have any Nut oil what about mustard oil?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
No, any peanut butter?
Using Tapatalk
it is a nightmare to remove from the plastic trim bits oil really does work
Or a child's eraser although this is hard work.
Using Tapatalk
I had a go with some peanut butter but it had bits in, it has taken some away, I'll get some oil.

Thanks for the tip mate
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
you needed smooth
You do & leave it on a bit... I got bottle of walnut oil, just pour a bit on kitchen towel then wipe over.
Using Tapatalk
Is this walnut oil ok?

How long would you advise I leave it on for, it will be done out of sunlight in my garage?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
keep us updated of the results rusty
Black shoe polish every time for me, cheap as chips and very effective. Use it on any black trim on the car, preferably a couple of coats should do the trick.
That's the oil I have...

Does show polish cover it or remove it?
Using Tapatalk
Its been a few years since I used it to cover up overspill polish but I'm 99% sure sure the white won't come back.
[MENTION=4]J1ODYA[/MENTION] I've just put the walnut oil on how long do I leave it mate and do I wash it off with soapy water?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I just wipe on, wipe off... you still got it on?
Using Tapatalk
Ok thanks mate, yes still on.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
lol well shouldn't do any harm but keep us posted
Using Tapatalk
well it kinda worked its dulled it down but its still there, I've given it 3 coats.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Jeez man, how much polish is there?

Give it some more oil, rub in with tooth brush then wipe dry... should sort it
Using Tapatalk
God knows mate it was my first time.

I'll go find a spare toothbrush (sure the kids wont notice if I borrow one of theirs )
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I think the marks are down to the chalk they use in some cutting compounds. Using a toothbrush with APC All Purpose Cleaner Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner 710ml Trigger Bottle APC G9624EU | eBay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Or a tin of Cherry Blossom lol
grahamfromoldham Wrote:Or a tin of Cherry Blossom lol

That reminds me of when I had a Renault Fuego , er a few years ago. People used to ask me how I kept the vinyl roof on it looking good but I don't think they believed me when I said boot polish. .

I think they thought I was manky. .
It is getting rid of it, slowly think it might be harder to come off where it has been on there a long time.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just washed the car don't want the dealership to do it, and it's all come back so the oil hasn't worked.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've never experienced that!!!
Using Tapatalk
Have yo tried APC in the link above

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:Have yo tried APC in the link above

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That will be next mate. but I don't have the car now till tomorrow, hopeful Halfords do that in there 3 for 2 deal if they are still doing it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Stars drops is cheap enough
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:Stars drops is cheap enough

Isn't that sugar soap?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
There must be a cure for this some we're out there millions must have done this my self included lol
Don't auto glym do a wax prep remover ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is a thought . Maybe something like spirits or petrol to get rid of the stain and then something like CG Barebones over the top of the whole surface. .