Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
detailing

Detailing. .
Apologies , if I have missed a dedicated thread for this. .

I currently use Meguires Endurance tyre gel on my tyres but it looks like , after a couple of days it migrates onto the alloy wheels . .

Is this the case or am I mistaken. .
I use it and have no problems you do have to be careful not to put too much on.

I do two coats of it and I don't drive the car till the next day.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Okay , cheers for that Rusty. .
Do you use the sponge to apply it mate?

I found a cloth gives bad results.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Sponge is fine to apply it, long as it's only a small amount, a little goes a long way, it's very very oily I'm not a huge fan tbh but doesn't stop me having a huge bottle of it!
No Rusty , I'm applying it with a microfiber. .

In other news . .

Has anyone used this. .

Nope I've not used that.

Here is my full collection.

The only thing missing is the Wax clay bar and quick detailing spray which was in the garage
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
i must experiment more my self i have used autoglym for years
anyone know any good products for the interior plastics
Using Autosmart , Dash Dandy Satin at the moment and it is very good and easy to use. .

This is what I use.

Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant Dash & Trim Restorer

Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

Meguiar's Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner

Meguiar's Ultimate Polish

Meguiar's Nxt Generation Car Wash

Meguiar's Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer

Meguiar's Clay Bar Replacement

MEGUIARS G220V2 DUAL ACTION POLISHER VERSION 2

Meguiars 7" Full Pad Set - Tape,Cutting, Finishing and Polishing for G220, DAS6

MEGUIARS ULTIMATE PASTE WAX
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
tanks Simon i will give that a go.
Rusty2009 Wrote:This is what I use.

Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant Dash & Trim Restorer

Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

Meguiar's Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner

Meguiar's Ultimate Polish

Meguiar's Nxt Generation Car Wash

Meguiar's Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer

Meguiar's Clay Bar Replacement

MEGUIARS G220V2 DUAL ACTION POLISHER VERSION 2

Meguiars 7" Full Pad Set - Tape,Cutting, Finishing and Polishing for G220, DAS6

MEGUIARS ULTIMATE PASTE WAX

I have used most of those products at one time (never the DA) and some of them I still use . .

I recently replaced the NXT Car Wash with Valet Pro Poseidon and instead of NXT Gen Car Wax I went for , Dodio Juice Blue Velvet Hard Wax(hard because it is hard to apply?) which seems to very good with fantastic beading compared to anything else I have tried. .
On a similar theme do you pressure wash your car or just hose? Mine recently packed in and before purchasing a new one I asked to borrow my brothers and to my amazement he told me you should never pressure wash your car! He's got a defender and a range rover both used off road and he still uses a hose pipe. Crazy fool or am I the crazy fool for using one on my car??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hose for me most of the time but a good jet wash now and again
doesn't do any harm as long as you don't get too close with it
I use a pressure washer and then two buckets of water (WASH & RINSE) most of the time unless I'm just doing a quick wash with a hose and buckets.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I usually rinse with hose first to get off loose contaminants, then snow foam, but that sometimes results in the foam not sticking to the car properly so usually just foam straight away, I've never heard "You should never pressure wash your car" What about all the detailers and cleaning companies that use them and nothing else? lol...
That's what I was thinking. What snow foam lance do you use. I heard the juicy one is good but don't fancy paying in excess of £50

mg3091 Wrote:I usually rinse with hose first to get off loose contaminants, then snow foam, but that sometimes results in the foam not sticking to the car properly so usually just foam straight away, I've never heard "You should never pressure wash your car" What about all the detailers and cleaning companies that use them and nothing else? lol...

It never wants to sticks to the car it just runs down no matter how thick or thin you put it on.

Antdawe Wrote:That's what I was thinking. What snow foam lance do you use. I heard the juicy one is good but don't fancy paying in excess of £50

Thats where I got mine from I use the karcher and the juicy foam but I'm almost out so will try another brand of foam.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Check detailing world as they usually have a group buy running for lance & snow foam.
Using Tapatalk
Antdawe Wrote:On a similar theme do you pressure wash your car or just hose? Mine recently packed in and before purchasing a new one I asked to borrow my brothers and to my amazement he told me you should never pressure wash your car! He's got a defender and a range rover both used off road and he still uses a hose pipe. Crazy fool or am I the crazy fool for using one on my car??

l haven't used a pressure washer for years , nor a hose for that matter . Just the 2 bucket method . .

Still impressed with the Valet Pro concentrated car wash. .
Check out elite car care, they do loads of good bits, got a £30 halfords pressure washer with a foam lance attachment for it, works a treat!

I worked with a guy who when washing his wife's Mini cut the front wing clean off using a pressure washer. Mind you I think the Mini was passed it at the time, she was not very happy with him. I think he was banned to the huffy bed for a fortnight after that.
This is the view most seen by others
excellent
Rusty2009 Wrote:Do you use the sponge to apply it mate?

I found a cloth gives bad results.

I have now bought and used the sponge , well impressed. I'm also still impressed with my Dodo wax which seems to keep the car cleaner for longer and also makes it easier to wash. .
i may give that wax a go Simon i just ran out of the high def at last
but would like to try something new
tucpal Wrote:i may give that wax a go Simon i just ran out of the high def at last
but would like to try something new

Who makes the high def' , tucpal. .
auto Glym high definition
looking for a soft wax for a light colored car now
Got it . I used to use their shine enhancer , quite a lot. .

I think Purple Haze is a soft wax for your colour of car . To be honest , any time you have posted pictures of your car , it looks immaculate. .