Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
reset mileage

Mileage reset
Hi
Code:
hi I’m new to the forum , I purchased a gtc limited edition earlier this year , yesterday it broke down and was advised the battery was faulty, I got the battery replaced , but when I got my car back the miles where reading 0000000.
Where has my mileage gone ?
Any explanation anyone , thanks
Your Mileage shouldn't have disappeared from just having a new battery fitted.

I would try taking the negative lead off the battery for 30-60mins let all system fully shut down.

If that doesn't work I would get the IPC checked.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(24:th-May-2018, 23:50:31)Mickmcl007 Wrote: Hi i tried the disconnecting negative on the battery for about an hour ,reconnected it again and the miles are back to zero again , anyone got any views whats going on .its a gtc 65 plate 1,6 turbo limited ed. very frustrated with this ,,
Code:
hi I’m new to the forum , I purchased a gtc limited edition earlier this year , yesterday it broke down and was advised the battery was faulty, I got the battery replaced , but when I got my car back the miles where reading 0000000.
Where has my mileage gone ?
Any explanation anyone , thanks
Your next steps is to get the car plugged in The IPC pulls the mileage from the BCM & ECU.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
What’s the ipc and where can I get this done , had it into the dealers yesterday and they said that they would have to do an investigation, I was to authorise 4 hours at £100ph.
I wouldn't know where to recommend in Glasgow sorry.

The IPC is the speedo.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi rusty so what would I expect to find when removing the speedo.
What about what the dealer said about the remap,would this affect it , and could I get them to advise me what had been done in this remap . Had loads of cars in my life but I’ve never heard of mileage disappearing before .
Thanks
remap only affects the ECU, not the BCM

the mileage is stored in the BCM
if the IPC does not show the mileage, either BCM malfunctions or the communication between BCM and IPC malfunctions

if the BCM were to malfunction, I would have expected a lot more problems than just the IPC not showing mileage

one of the prerequisites for the mileage being shown in the IPC is having matching VIN in both IPC and BCM

battery faults sometimes cause the memory of chips to corrupt, i.e. the VIN may have gotten cleared from the IPC
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
Do you recon if the car was previously remapped then it should not have any bearing on the mileage ?
Feel like the dealer is trying to screw me !
Forget this remap stuff it has nothing to with your issue & the idiot who suggested it clearly knows nothing.

I would say 1 maybe 2 things need to be done here.
The BCM holds the mileage (so really need to plug onto that and see what mileage that has stored).
The IPC pulls the mileage from the BCM but you can check to see what mileage is currently stored (0).

After that you could get a BCM config and setup done & also done on the IPC. If you lived near me I'd tell you pop over.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks for all your input rusty.
Not sure what I’m going to do here , couple of options take it into dealer and get robbed , get the digital mileage reset by a company or put into a vehicle electrical garage , easiest option for me is getting mileage reset and hopefully don’t need another battery, but in the back of my head I’m very curious as to why the mileage done this . I think I really need the answer, so reluctantly I think I will put it into Vauxhall and hope they do it under warranty .
Or they are upfront with me and don’t rob me !.
I can reset the mileage via the post.

If you have no joy from Vauxhall or they want too much money.

I charge £40 to do it via post and that includes return postage via DPD or next day royal mail by 1pm.

All you have to do send me your BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Brilliant thanks ,
Hi rusty I’ve decided to send you the bcm, where is it on the car and how do I remove it , Cheers .
(4:th-Jun-2018, 19:50:18)Mickmcl007 Wrote: Hi rusty I’ve decided to send you the bcm, where is it on the car and how do I remove it , Cheers .

The BCM is located at the bottom of the centre console. slide drivers seat back and pop off the lower side trim. (there is a push tab on it by the foot rest).

Disconnect the negative off the battery first. use a slot head screwdriver to hold down the tabs on the plugs (at the top) and pull them out. there is a 7mm bolt holding the bracket in.

I found if you disengage the BCM from the bracket so it slides forwards then undo the bolt and push the bracket backwards it gives more room for BCM to come out which is awkward due to the foot rest.

If you wanted to send me your IPC I could check that for you too.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi rusty I’ve took the bcm out of the car , would it be possible to contact me by my mobile text with details of where I’ve to send this unit. I tried to send you a pm but the format was all mixed up hence the tel no .
Just out of curiosity after disconnecting the bcm I reconnected it and the mileage had gone back to zero once again .
(5:th-Jun-2018, 19:39:49)Mickmcl007 Wrote: Hi rusty I’ve took the bcm out of the car , would it be possible to contact me by my mobile text with details of where I’ve to send this unit. I tried to send you a pm but the format was all mixed up hence the tel no .
Just out of curiosity after disconnecting the bcm I reconnected it and the mileage had gone back to zero once again .

Sent you text & a PM.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
To bring this thread to a close @Mickmcl007 opened his BCM to find what looks like the BCM had been spiked.

So I had a look couldn't find a matching BCM part number at a sensible price so Mick took a gamble on a different BCM that was around £25.

Mick sent both BCM's to myself & I was able to clone his old BCM reprogram the new BCM and set everything up for him.

BCM arrived with me Wednesday late morning and was back with Mick mid morning on Thursday, Thursday night Mick fitted the BCM and took the car for a drive and everything was ok with the correct mileage showing.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yes it is indeed sorted showing correct mileage , can’t thank you enough for a first class job , cheers rusty.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Highest Mileage sheppy1 33 18,709 28:th-Apr-2015, 20:18:57
Last Post: JohnL