Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
mileage highest

Highest Mileage
Hey All!

What is the highest mileage of an Astra J among members on this forum?

Just something I've been thinking about with me putting around about 25k on every year...will have done around 125k by the end of the finance agreement and not sure to that's high for a modern car...

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

50,002 when I bought mine. On nearly 52k now. Only do about 8k a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not too bad that! Wouldn't mind buying a second hand one if I only did 8k a year :P. That's the most I've seen so far anyway on a J :P

Brought mine new in March 2014, got 6,700 miles on her now
No way! Only 6K a year! Damn...I think I probably do the most out of anyone on here :-/ haha

Yeah I don't do a lot. Why I only went for a little petrol engine as would ruin a diesel. The 100,000 mile warranty should last me awhile.
Haha yeah I'd have done the same! Went for the 1.7 diesel myself as most of my mileage is motorway miles...good choice too as I get 52mpg cheap to run this thing

Got mine new September 2012 I've put just under 16K on it.

@WhelanUK you won't ruin a Drev mate just need to give them a good boot every now and then and also drive it harder than you would a petrol.

The reason most people have their DPF fill up is because they don't seem understand that a Drev needs to be driven harder and have a good blow out every now and then.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(19:th-Apr-2015, 12:36:08)Rusty2009 Wrote: Got mine new September 2012 I've put just under 16K on it.

@WhelanUK you won't ruin a Drev mate just need to give them a good boot every now and then and also drive it harder than you would a petrol.

The reason most people have their DPF fill up is because they don't seem understand that a Drev needs to be driven harder and have a good blow out every now and then.

Is that the total mileage then mate? And yeah I got told the same thing about the DPF...if it pops up then take or for a good run at high revs on the motorway...never had that problem yet though as that's how I drive every day anyway

Yes mate just under or just over 16K I will check once the wife has finished washing it for me. Only had 4 miles on it when I picked it up (delivery mileage)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Damn! Practically brand new still then ain't it . Mine was brand new too but I didn't wanna wait for them to find a truck to send it down on so someone drove it instead lol. Had like 100 miles on it when I got into it

I didn't have a choice mate if they'd of said it was coming from the port I'd gone and got it myself but they made out it was coming from elsewhere.

Still it's the only new car I'll ever own and I have plans to get rid it of ever.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ha yeah that was my plan too...then I thought about buying a BMW or Audi after the finance is up but changing my mind now the more I do to it :P

The J is better than a BMW or Audi only dickheads drive them
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Pahaha you're not wrong there :P but I do still like them . Will have to see what Astra I can get when this finance is up...I'm after a VXR tbh

Mines got 35,800 on it. Collected it with 33,600 on the 14/03/15

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
I got my gtc end of July 2014 with 12805 on the clock and now I'm close to the 22k mark.

I've got the 2.0 cdti model had no issue with DPF but to be fair I don't drive very light footed so that's proberly why.

I had a bmw before the gtc and all the time I say would I go back it's a hard one but one thing I must say is my gtc has defiantly shocked me how good it's been.

I nearly part exd it for a vxr after 4 months but seeing I could have got a e92 m3 for the same money it seemed like way to much for a vxr but eventually could see myself grabbing one but it sounds silly but it's nice having a to do list that's what it's all about and you wouldn't have much of one getting a vxr great car either way tho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm winning lol

2011 60 plate 1.7 CDTI 125

105k with full history, I'm the second owner
(19:th-Apr-2015, 21:27:11)bhalay207 Wrote: Mines got 35,800 on it. Collected it with 33,600 on the 14/03/15

Standard amount of mileage for a second hand one ain't it . You always go for second hand cars then?

(19:th-Apr-2015, 21:39:57)DE5IRED Wrote: I got my gtc end of July 2014 with 12805 on the clock and now I'm close to the 22k mark.

I've got the 2.0 cdti model had no issue with DPF but to be fair I don't drive very light footed so that's proberly why.

I had a bmw before the gtc and all the time I say would I go back it's a hard one but one thing I must say is my gtc has defiantly shocked me how good it's been.

I nearly part exd it for a vxr after 4 months but seeing I could have got a e92 m3 for the same money it seemed like way to much for a vxr but eventually could see myself grabbing one but it sounds silly but it's nice having a to do list that's what it's all about and you wouldn't have much of one getting a vxr great car either way tho

Never actually heard of anyone swapping a beamer for a vauxhall but good choice nonetheless your astra is nice! Also these current generation of astra' and vauxhalls in general are pretty solid! My friend who's drove many beamers got into mine and said it felt like he was being driven around in a BMW with how solid it was!

I know what you mean the the VXR though...be tempting to get one but would you want one over an m3...Probably not tbh but I've never drove either so wouldn't really know which is more fun to drive!

i have a 60 plate 38.500 miles on my car

i know j1ody was near 100k on his GTC
(19:th-Apr-2015, 21:45:41)Jj0063 Wrote: I'm winning lol

2011 60 plate 1.7 CDTI 125

105k with full history, I'm the second owner

Haha no way!!! Fair amount of mileage there lol. You had any issues with the car at all or does it drive well still?

I had a bmw e46 330ci it was a great car but it was getting on a tad and the petrol bill was more than a annoyance great car tho.

It's weird as me and my friend have both had many beemers and both have gtcs now and both said how they are as good as a bmw which I do honestly believe pros and cons in both tho.

I've driven both and tbh the m3 always steels my heart as I had one and wrote it off a few years back so still pining for one but the vxr different car but I literally adored it when I was looking at getting one but it was just a last minute thought and the mrs in my ear why I pulled out and kept the white gtc but the more I do the happier I am I kept it

The old Beemer mainly miss the miltek exahust from it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i like that model myself and they seem to have less problems that the face lift ones
it looks very nice mate
Hahaha your reason for getting a GTC was the reason why I got a 5 door and nor a GTC .

Least it's not just my mate saying that though, good to hear that others have the same opinion of the astra compared to BMWs .

Ooooo bloody nice colour that 3 series!!! Always liked that older model too, very very dull interior though! But I guess if they drive well then you forget about that don't you .

Yeah face lifts do give a few problems not all but some

I loved that colour so much that and the estrol blue I had on my m3 are like my all time best colours and Arden blue lol
I loved the interior my seats were champagne love and hate I know but marmite moment or not I loved it

I straight swapped my 59 plate BMW E90 320D for my Astra so that makes two of us lol.

Astra touch wood is fine, air con pump makes a churning noise when it's off.. With it on it stops! Still works fine so il leave it.

I only buy high milers now, so much of a save on them & I always buy ex company/lease cars as the maintenance records are always great. My 3 series had 109k on it.
Had my car since new in Aug '12, as of today it's at 91k miles so my warranty is almost over lol
Using Tapatalk
Nice!! And any major issues so far then? Touch wood something won't go wrong at 101k miles lol

(19:th-Apr-2015, 21:48:46)sheppy1 Wrote: [quote='bhalay207' pid='18276' dateline='1429475231']
Mines got 35,800 on it. Collected it with 33,600 on the 14/03/15

Standard amount of mileage for a second hand one ain't it . You always go for second hand cars then?

Yeah, its only just turned 3yrs old. It was registered 31/12/11 so not bad for its age
No major issues as yet... been through a set of brake disc and pads (which aren't cheap) and dreading the next service as inc belts etc but it's still going strong. To be fair it best not go wrong as planning on keeping this car as I normally change them after 3 years cos I get bored.
Using Tapatalk
Only one set?? If so then that's good! Ha. You're like me then, I dunno why I got a 5 year finance deal as I'd be switching within the next year to a VXR or something if I could ha. Get really good deals on new cars through my work now too, would have saved about 5k on mine new if id have got it from my company rather than vauxhall :-/

my 61 plate has just hit 68,000
Hi guys I've just bought my first j astra 61 plate with 85k on the clock and the engine still is a amazing!
VXR was brand new in November 2012 and it's hit 33.5k this week.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mileage reset Mickmcl007 18 7,603 15:th-Jun-2018, 17:33:51
Last Post: Mickmcl007