Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
window lowering

Lowering window
Hi everyone I need help urgently. 

Long story short some ***** went into my car door so I’ve got a second hand one which I need to respray. But I need the window down to fully strip it. 

I’ve tried powering the main loom but nothing. Even went straight to the motor still nothing. 

Can anyone shed any light. 

Many thanks.
IIRC you'll need to swap the door modules over from the old door to the replacement one as it's coded to the car or something like that.
(6:th-Apr-2018, 11:56:31)Big Dave2 Wrote: IIRC you'll need to swap the door modules over from the old door to the replacement one as it's coded to the car or something like that.

Door module. ? And where is that. Never heard of that before. But surely that shouldn’t affect me just trying to power the second hand door up from a car battery to drop the window. 

I’ve done it on previous cars no problem.
I fitted a new (used) front door to mine - I fitted it, plugged it in an it all worked, no module change or coding
I had to fit a new drop glass as mine was damaged and the new door came without glass, but it was the right colour for the car so didn't need painting.
I needed to move the mechanism before fitting the door so stood the new door next to the old, disconnected the wiring at the pillar and plugged in the new one, moved the mechanism to the correct position then swapped the plugs back.
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera