Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
column sluggish steering are controls on

Controls on steering column are sluggish
Good evening to all,

Today, after traveled 500 km from home to parents home I notice that the audio controls on steering column are sluggish. Actually this happened 1st time after first 200 km, and now almost on the finish of my journey. 
The situation is developing like this I want to turn right/left, lever is up/down, indicator on dashboard is normal blinking and sound and indicator light are not synchronized, first coming light and after less than 1 sec coming sound. 
Wanted to lower down music volume with Audio controls on steering column, and I notice they are also sluggish, lets say delay 2 sec. Did not try cruse control and others.
After I stopped for break and coffee for about 30 min and started the car again everything was back to normal, audio volume and indicators. This is happening to me only when I'm taking long journeys.

Anybody have similar problem?

Opel Astra J 1.7 CDTI -cosmo

I appreciate any help...

Thanks
Happens sometimes if turning the car off and restarting doesn't work try the battery negative trick take it off 30-60mins let all systems shut down.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(8:th-Jan-2018, 17:34:10)Rusty2009 Wrote: Happens sometimes if turning the car off and restarting doesn't work try the battery negative trick take it off 30-60mins let all systems shut down.

Thanks Rusty,

Will try that as soon as possible (I need long trip). This trick with battery negative can cause and further problems? I mean maybe some system after this will not work correctly, etc...

cheers
No it won't cause any other issues only thing you will have to do is re-set the time & date on the radio.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(9:th-Jan-2018, 15:57:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: No it won't cause any other issues only thing you will have to do is re-set the time & date on the radio.

it should do it automatically via the RDS data that gets broadcast from the radio stations.
Thank you,

RDS is on, so probably date and time will update auto, otherwise no problem to adjust manually.

Anyway, I am still wondering how this can happen? Maybe during long voyages some of the relays are getting overheated or some other reason. It is not big deal but still is irritating.
I think it's more like a computer or smartphone you have to reboot from time to time when it is getting slow or starts to go crazy.
Nothing mechanical or electrical, more software and electronics acting up.
Yes just modern cars with all the computers in them they just got scatty.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks mates,

I recently restarted battery for 30 min, and connected again. Now traveled 200km with no issues. So, yes I agree with Rusty & rlievens that time to time electronics needs restarting.

Cheers
(9:th-Jan-2018, 15:57:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: No it won't cause any other issues only thing you will have to do is re-set the time & date on the radio.

Electrical windows too need to be adopted after negative battery terminal are disconnected.
(21:st-Mar-2018, 18:59:54)kebibg Wrote:

Electrical windows too need to be adopted after negative battery terminal are disconnected.

Yep they do just pull the switch up and hold it (even if window is closed).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(22:nd-Mar-2018, 08:36:14)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(21:st-Mar-2018, 18:59:54)kebibg Wrote:

Yep they do just pull the switch up and hold it (even if window is closed).
Just follow instruction on board. Open-close all windows one by one.

Cheers

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  navi950 controls configuration livo 4 5,609 25:th-Jun-2021, 13:46:02
Last Post: livo
  Service power steering warning light. R4hulb 4 13,466 23:rd-Mar-2018, 13:01:58
Last Post: R4hulb
  Change Steering Cruise Control Not Working cosmo black 7 6,782 20:th-Apr-2016, 07:51:24
Last Post: Rusty2009