Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
m072 or b5754

B5754 or m072
Hi ano this is always flying around the forum but out of those two witch should i buy this weekend

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I've got the B5754 and have found it really good. Quite a few people on here have the M072, but I think they're a lot older spec now and also depends whether the SD card slots on the front of the M072 bothers you.
Dose the steering wheel controls and the radio front still work with the b5754

Yes mate, everything works as before, heater controls come up on the screen only thing you lose is factory DAB if you have it, but I’ve bought an after market one for £27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's good and no lose there i don't gave it

This is a shot showing the heater controls

Thanks mate going to make the order now

what are you guys using for dab arials? Seen them that stick on the windscreen but not sure how good, also seen fm splitters

Ronnie
I haven’t fitted mine yet but yes it uses a adhesive arial. I’ve not heard any bad reports about them.

Which dab did you get to work on the B5754
I’ve bought this one
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-Digital-Rad...8379?txnId
But as far as I’m aware, any USB type should work as long as it states it’s compatible with android 6.0

(30:th-Nov-2017, 11:39:23)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: I’ve bought this one
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-Digital-Rad...8379?txnId
But as far as I’m aware, any USB type should work as long as it states it’s compatible with android 6.0

Cool, let us know how it performs please, So does that mean your stuck with android 6? Not sure if upgrading these units is even possible!

Cheers Ronnie
I believe you can if you change the chip have a look on the Witson.com website which is the Chinese supplier for Icebox

B5754 installed looks retro witch im happy with

Good job enjoy it, I’m still well happy with mine

Only thing is the doors show the wrong way round can this be fix or just learn to live with it and also witch sat nav software do you use

Yeah you can, look for this icon with the car

Press it and scroll down to where it says “traffic left or right “ and select left

You can also adjust how long your lights stay on after unlocking if your car has that function.
As for the sat nav, I’ve got igo and have paid £22 for the offline maps but it’s down to personal preference, some like google maps, some like wave and there are probably a few more

Did you sort it mate?

I did thank you mate

Oh sorry, the sites been off for a bit, I think cuz Rusty not been on thanks

Just need to pic my reversing cam now

Nice. Makes me want to trade in my m072.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

They are good, but I don’t know if you’ll gain a lot for what it would cost you?

Hello all

Been looking at either android unit or vaxuhall orig head units to replace my CD400.

Did you both buy the B5754 head unit from ICE? Is it possible to use my mobile phone as a wifi hot stop to the unit and even possibly a sim for data?

Thanks,
Param.
Yeah they were from Icebox and yes you can use your mobile as a WiFi hotspot. Not sure if you can add a sim dongle you’d have to contact Icebox.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I saw the link you put on for the DAB from ebay. Would this do the same job as what Ice are offering for £50?

Cheers again.
To be honest the dab unit I put a link to is pants!!! I can’t say if the Icebox version is any better because I don’t know anyone who’s bought one. The android unit itself is well worth the money

I have emailed ICE with a few questions - after that I'll be buying. Quite excited. DAB would be a bonus so might ask them what theirs is like and purchase that if it sounds alright.

Did your car have a USB port on it? If so, were you able to configure that to the unit? My Astra has a aux port but not USB, thinking of adding that if it can be connected to the android unit.
Unfortunately you can’t use factory usb with this unit. It does have 2 usb ports plus a micro sd card slot.

Perfect. Saves me having to faff about trying to add the USB.

Thanks. Will post pics once I have purchased and installed it. Thanks again for all your help.
No worries, it’s just a pain having to wait for it to arrive

@sheppy1 had icebox dab iirc and he wasn’t impressed with it.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Is there a better upgrade or the DAB side of things as I use DAB everyday and would be lost without it?
all of these plays look great and exactly what i'm am after but how do i go about it with this interior

i want Bluetooth is all i need!! whats the best way to get this done my only thing is it needs to look like it belongs got a Astra Elite 2013

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stereo M072/s160 Daz21 19 9,955 9:th-Jan-2019, 16:00:56
Last Post: Shorty5
  B5754 Mspencer 12 5,636 22:nd-Apr-2018, 19:03:09
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
  M072 Glass Screen Protector sheppy1 0 2,556 30:th-Aug-2017, 18:49:54
Last Post: sheppy1
  M072 Missing BT Settings? demiswc 4 3,916 1:st-Jun-2016, 20:10:54
  Stereo m072 Daz21 9 6,307 25:th-Apr-2016, 08:22:52