Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
with placement xenon help ballast

Help with Xenon ballast placement
Hi. I bought HID conversion kit from hids-direct. 

https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/new-premiu...us-system/

I will try to fit xenon bulbs without removing the front bumper. Can someone please tell me where did you secure your ballasts. My ballasts came with a double sided tape only, so I am not able to use screws to mount the ballasts. Can you please posts pictures of your ballasts placement using double sided tape.

Thanks
I bolted mine on with small nuts and bolts with washers and put the earth on the same bolt, sorry have no pictures but I wouldn't use the sticky tape don't trust it to hold lol or even get metal tie wraps.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Did you find a good place for them? Plan on putting mine in tomorrow so not had a look myself yet.
Mine are underneith my headlights out of sight as on my last car I got pulled with the traffic police and got fined 30pound and told to rip them out lol and handed me a bit of paper stating why I shouldn't have had them from the department of transport lol don't get me wrong that was back in 2012 when the mot changed on hid kits, so I just hide them out the road now even though there isn't much of a clamp down on them now.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I always put them under the headlights makes it look nicer
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xenon Angel Eye Halo's Rusty2009 24 13,355 3:rd-Jan-2016, 12:55:47
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Xenon Headlights sheppy1 8 5,780 14:th-Jun-2015, 17:35:04
Last Post: bhalay207
  AFL / Xenon retrofit matteh88 6 6,265 11:th-Feb-2015, 19:58:50
Last Post: tucpal
  Retrofitting bi-xenon projectors KAS7866 1 3,739 8:th-Feb-2015, 18:07:01
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Xenon headlamps KAS7866 3 3,599 6:th-Feb-2015, 09:53:11
Last Post: KAS7866