Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
light brake

Brake light

hi all, I had previously mentioned about the front delayed thump from brake. I've just noticed that when I brake the light is staying on even after my foot is off the pedal and then I hear the noise as if the caliper is releasing. I think maybe this means it is sticking. Would this be covered under the warranty? Also I've noticed there is no warning messages. My bulb went no message. My oil is at 47% life. No message when it got to 50. Also should I get a full oil flush now or wait till it's down a bit more. checked oil so it's still full. I realise that it's saying it needs fresh stuff.
Any help appreciated. Cheers. ?
If you are on a hill this is normal it's the hill start assist doing what it should be doing.

Depends what bulbs went as to weather you got a message not all are on the canbus See here

ASTRA GTC...

ON CANBUS...

1, INDICATORS ALL
2, NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS.
3, BRAKE LIGHTS REAR.
4, HIGH LEVEL BRAKE LIGHT REAR.
5, HIGH AND LOW FRONT LIGHTS.

NOT ON CAMBUS...

1, DRL.
2, DRL SIDE LIGHT.
3, FOGS FRONT
4, FOGS REAR.
5, INTERIOR LIGHTS ALL.
6, REVERSE LIGHT.
7, TAIL LIGHTS REAR.

regarding oil, it's fine at the moment I would say wait till it's at 10% life.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(4:th-Oct-2017, 22:29:00)bigsadie Wrote: My oil is at 47% life. No message when it got to 50. Also should I get a full oil flush now or wait till it's down a bit more. checked oil so it's still full. I realise that it's saying it needs fresh stuff.

Any help appreciated. Cheers. ?

What gives you the impression that a message should have appeared at 50? You should only get a message when it's down to 5%, IIRC.

Are you thinking this figure relates to how much oil is left in the engine, as you've mentioned that you've checked the oil and it's still full?

Sorry if I'm trying to make granny suck eggs, but it's an indication of how long before a service is required, not oil remaining.  People have made this mistake before.
Hi, thanks to big Dave and Rusty.
It was the drivers side light that was out. So maybe that's why.
I did think it was weird to change at 50. So maybe it was 5. Thanks for that. I must have read it wrong.
I knew it didn't relate to oil level as I do my checks every time I clean the car. I've only had the car a 6 months so just getting used to it. My last two vauxhalls didn't have all these fancy gadgets. Ha ha. This is a 2013.
Yeah I was on a kind of gradient, but I do think there is something sticking. Will ask an independent garage before taking it to the place I bought it. Thanks for your help.
Cheers
(5:th-Oct-2017, 19:59:21)bigsadie Wrote: Hi, thanks to big Dave and Rusty.
It was the drivers side light that was out. So maybe that's why.
I did think it was weird to change at 50. So maybe it was 5. Thanks for that. I must have read it wrong.
I knew it didn't relate to oil level as I do my checks every time I clean the car. I've only had the car a 6 months so just getting used to it. My last two vauxhalls didn't have all these fancy gadgets. Ha ha. This is a 2013.
Yeah I was on a kind of gradient, but I do think there is something sticking. Will ask an independent garage before taking it to the place I bought it. Thanks for your help.
Cheers

Hi there as above more likely hill start assist but I had a sticky calliper on the N/S rear just recently, I just stripped it down worked the calliper in and out and that allowed it to free off, another issue is sometimes the pads on the rear will jam against the disc causing one side to wear prematurely, I ended up greasing the pad sliders with the grease that came with the EBC pads I bought but you would need to make sure you keep it away from the discs and surface of the pads, but as above when I come to a hill in my astra it does feel as if the brakes stick but then ease off which is normal does it do it on a flat road surface when coming to a stop?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  front brake discs bgb65uk 4 2,235 23:rd-Jul-2020, 10:56:25
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Changing rear brake discs Big Dave2 3 2,110 26:th-Jun-2020, 18:54:19
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Remapping and brake upgrade. Hemihunter 1 2,466 20:th-Nov-2019, 18:24:40
Last Post: Rusty2009
  2016 Astra K GTC Malfunction Light Question ed-b 2 4,203 28:th-Oct-2018, 03:48:53
Last Post: ed-b
  Changed Brake Pads, now feels like fronts are sticking Vx-Mad-G 5 5,652 25:th-Jul-2018, 15:44:04
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  Brake pedal creep Kippermcflipper 5 5,755 12:th-May-2017, 21:08:11
Last Post: Kippermcflipper
  Brake squeal bhalay207 1 3,440 9:th-Aug-2016, 19:43:00
Last Post: sheppy1