Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hi all

Hi All

Greetings from Ireland   Just traded in my Jaguar X-type for a 2012 Opel Astra 1.3CDTi. Tax/Insurance here is extortionate so a wee run about is all I needed. Going from a 2 litre to a 1.3 was a big step and there's a power difference but it's not as bad as I thought.
Needing some Alloys now, probably stick with 16" s as the roads here in Co. Donegal are erm.......BAD!!!
Also looking to add a nice multimedia system in the space above the current stereo which seems to be a common upgrade. Currently have the CD300, any tips on what y'all fitted would be a good starting point for me . Don't have/need steering wheel controls, but I would like the Google maps ability as it's what I'm used to with navi. on the Android galaxy phone. 
Here she is on one of those RARE sunny days!!!

I'll no doubt be picking the brains of some members over the course of my Astra ownership 
Welcome to vxoc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Welcome! I'd say get yourself some 17s - I've just done that and I think anything smaller just wouldn't look right. Also, PhotoBucket doesn't let you host on 3rd party sites unless you upgrade but I can recommend Uploadir.com for putting up images
Ah not used a forum in years so wasn't aware of the photobucket issue...
And 17's here are just not the way to go as the roads are not good.
The beast   ......