Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
7cdti famous the 1 125horse

The Famous 1.7CDTi 125horse
A couple of years ago my mechanic mentioned that if the DPF gets blocked it could be damaging . I was about to make 450mile trip south so , I decided to put some Forte DPF cleaner in the tank . A couple of days of town driving later and for the first time I got the DPF warning light on Continue Driving . After a few miles down the motorway , warning off. .

However , after that it would come on now and again . About 5 months ago I got the Mandatory warning to drive and then it cleared after about 15 miles . A few weeks later the standard warning which I cleared without a cleaner being used and then two weeks later I had to do the same again . I had the Mandatory request to drive once more before getting rid of the car a few days ago. .

Got a Siggy now . .

Did the cleaner do any good at all. .
Heard there's Mod's about. .
I use a cleaner in mine once a year but use pro-tec.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yes , I did use Protec a couple of times but l got fed up sending away for it wearas I could purchase the Forte products locally . Just not convinced now that I got actual benefit from the cleaner . The Forte for instance mentions that the product lowers the heat of the exhaust gases to promote DPF cleaning , however , driving the car at higher revs to clear it is likely to create more heat , yes ?
Heard there's Mod's about. .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.7cdti drinking fuel Hazard10 2 3,036 9:th-Jan-2020, 22:13:15
Last Post: Peckalz
  2014 sports tourer 1.7cdti m4tt_s 2 3,346 5:th-Mar-2016, 21:25:28
Last Post: nidzo

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Dominattor (4:th-Sep-2023, 01:17:13)