VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: The Famous 1.7CDTi 125horse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of years ago my mechanic mentioned that if the DPF gets blocked it could be damaging . I was about to make 450mile trip south so , I decided to put some Forte DPF cleaner in the tank . A couple of days of town driving later and for the first time I got the DPF warning light on Continue Driving . After a few miles down the motorway , warning off. .

However , after that it would come on now and again . About 5 months ago I got the Mandatory warning to drive and then it cleared after about 15 miles . A few weeks later the standard warning which I cleared without a cleaner being used and then two weeks later I had to do the same again . I had the Mandatory request to drive once more before getting rid of the car a few days ago. .

Got a Siggy now . .

Did the cleaner do any good at all. .
I use a cleaner in mine once a year but use pro-tec.
Yes , I did use Protec a couple of times but l got fed up sending away for it wearas I could purchase the Forte products locally . Just not convinced now that I got actual benefit from the cleaner . The Forte for instance mentions that the product lowers the heat of the exhaust gases to promote DPF cleaning , however , driving the car at higher revs to clear it is likely to create more heat , yes ?