Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
problem cd500

CD500 problem
Driving along this morning and somehow all the CD500 controls stopped working. Worked fine since I got the car in July and AOK today for the half hour before.
I cannot change the following with either the CD500 buttons or wheels or the steering wheel controls.

* volume
* station
* turn on NAVI
* Phone
* anything to do with the infotainment system.

If I push the on/off wheel/top button it does not turn of the system as you would expect.
The only way to turn off is to remove the key.

Really weird, are there any fuses that could cause this?  The radio can be turned on again and it plays and shows the last station selected.

Any pointers?
I've had this once or twice I think it's just the radio having a paddy.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(21:st-Sep-2017, 09:13:15)Rusty2009 Wrote: I've had this once or twice I think it's just the radio having a paddy.

Don't we all ;-)

I will out and try it again and let you know, thanks.

Well, it reset itself this time back to normal :-)

When I turned it on above the Vauxhall picture the date came up as 00/00/00 for bout 5 seconds and then 21/09/17.
I have not noticed this before so no idea if that is normal.

Anyway after that everything now plays and performs fine
Yes I would say it was just the radio having a paddy, happens from time to time.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
CD500 Anti-Theft Lock daviep87 8 4,790 20:th-Oct-2018, 18:25:58
Last Post: Rusty2009
  M072 I pod problem kippax 4 5,049 14:th-Mar-2017, 08:44:09
Last Post: marcus01