Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
wipers lights auto and

Auto lights and wipers
Would I be wrong to assume that all that would be needed for this is the window sensor, the windscreen and VCI coding to get this working?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
New wiper stalk and light switch also but VX may not supply a VCI code I would say before shelling out £250+ on a screen get the other bits and request a VCI code if all goes well get the screen, otherwise sale the parts off.

I'm more than willing to help you with this retrofit if you wanted to do it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Sounds like a better way of doing it. The parts don't look too pricey. Typical that I had a sensor at one point aswell but butchered the loom when fitting my mirror. I've always wanted auto lights. I've heard the wipers are abit naff though.

I was also thinking of using the insurance for the windscreen.

The wipers are fine just people don't get them set right. It's the auto lights are abit hit and miss can be on bright sunshine.

The insurance will only replace like for like I thought of doing that when I got my new screen.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Just looking on ebay for the parts again. The light switch is £20, I can't seem to find a suitable looking wiper stalk and the only sensor I can see if off a GTC or insignia, none of which look anything like the one I had when I brought my mirror.

Any chance you can find out the required part numbers @rusty2009?

I'll get part number later mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
20976593 SENSOR, RAIN AND LIGHT, RAIN SENSITIVE WIPERS AND AUTOMATIC HEADLAMPS I have one

13368233 BRACKET (EXCEPT FRONT CAMERA) (FOR RAIN SENSOR) I have one

20941131 SWITCH, ASSY., WINDSCREEN WIPER AND WASHER, AND TAIL GATE WIPER, BLACK (PRODUCTION NO. 20941132)

13268694 SWITCH, ASSY., HEADLAMP, RHD (FOR MANUAL HEADLAMP LEVELLING SYSTEM) (FOR HEADLAMPS, AUTOMATIC ON-OFF) (FOR FRONT FOGLAMPS) (PRODUCTION NO. 12777342, EB)

13398899 WINDSCREEN, RHD (FOR RAIN SENSOR) (EXCEPT INTELLIGENT HIGH BEAM) (EXCEPT FRONT CAMERA)

13307359 COVER, MOUNTING PLATE, REAR VIEW MIRROR, RH (EXCEPT FRONT CAMERA) (EXCEPT INTELLIGENT HIGH BEAM) (FOR RAIN SENSOR) (FOR HEADLAMPS, AUTOMATIC ON-OFF) (PRODUCTION NO. 13305890)

13307311 COVER, MOUNTING PLATE, REAR VIEW MIRROR, LH (EXCEPT FRONT CAMERA) (EXCEPT INTELLIGENT HIGH BEAM) (FOR RAIN SENSOR) (FOR HEADLAMPS, AUTOMATIC ON-OFF) (PRODUCTION NO. 13305889)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
That's brilliant, thanks Russ.

Ive sourced the switches so will be ordering them on payday

I did try the sensors when I had them but did not have all the parts I am sure all the wiring is there and this will work let us know how you get on think I still have the old sensor somewhere
I'll get the parts in a couple of weeks times, then hopefully get it VCI'd.... Hopefully it'll be job done.

If you are selling the sensor, let me know as if this works, I'll need a permanent solution.

@rusty2009 i'm not conviced that i need to change the wiper stalk you know. When i've compared a pictured of the one you mentioned above with the one in my car they look identicle.

To save me stripping the steering shroud down can you check the part numbers for me?
Ok mate PM your reg.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sorry for late reply mate, i'm on nights. PM'd my reg to you
Yes mate same part number so forget the wiper stalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Excellent... That's £10 towards the windscreen Haha.
Hi, is there any progress on this ?
To be honest I haven't progressed it any further due to other financial commitments around the house.

I'll be looking into it in the new year now I'd have thought due to the cost of the windscreen. I need to check I have the wiring first and go from there.

It's something I want to do, as the missus new golf has auto lights and wipers and it makes me jealous Haha.

@rusty2009 I'm starting to look into this project again. The sensors I'm coming across on eBay are completely different looking to the ones that I thought I needed, yet they all seem to say light and rain sensors for Astra J.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are the GTC one's IIRC they were fitted to very early models of the 5-door.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Astra-J-S...Sw44BYbROF
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(26:th-Mar-2017, 07:52:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: There are the GTC one's IIRC they were fitted to very early models of the 5-door.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Astra-J-S...Sw44BYbROF

Good evening,

Guys, I need a little bit of help/advice on the rain/light sensor.

Recently, I have changed the windscreen - part number 22862344. Everything fits and works including the Opel eye camera, but I have noticed that the rain sensor has become less sensitive. Even having it set up on 5th stalk bar, it doesn't work as good as it used to be on 3rd bar.

What could be the reason? I know that the front camera had to be calibrated. Is it the same case with the rain sensor because of the new windscreen?

Marcin.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit kalum0101 5 9,008 2:nd-Aug-2020, 13:48:24
Last Post: kalum0101
  Auto-reverse mirror positions umognog 2 3,120 30:th-May-2019, 17:09:21
Last Post: zaapp
  insignia fog lights preparation zzattack 17 11,306 11:th-Jun-2017, 12:36:27
Last Post: zzattack
  Auto folding wing mirrors on lock unlock Rusty2009 15 21,409 21:st-Jun-2016, 13:41:39
Last Post: Thebatfink
  Retrofit Auto Lights TrophyJem 5 10,772 12:th-Apr-2016, 11:29:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Updated DRL lights bhalay207 45 18,705 14:th-Jan-2016, 13:03:55
Last Post: Kris
  led lights on when unlocking n1ibor 27 18,111 3:rd-Jul-2015, 15:15:25
Last Post: tucpal
  LED HEAD LIGHTS tucpal 33 16,065 13:th-Oct-2014, 21:59:25
Last Post: kfayz
  Auto Dimming Mirror Cover Lewis6317 25 13,691 9:th-Sep-2014, 12:44:03
Last Post: tucpal
  auto windows tucpal 18 15,060 3:rd-Mar-2014, 08:07:24
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
6 User(s) read this thread:
KKEVANSKK (10:th-Jun-2023, 13:39:04), livo (9:th-May-2023, 14:15:12), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 22:02:02), greg848484 (13:th-Jun-2023, 14:51:59), Rosen Popov (7:th-Apr-2024, 14:15:27), syntetx (9:th-Dec-2023, 18:35:45)