Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
photobucket with what replace ?

Replace Photobucket with what ?
Now that Photobucket has decided to fleece us for hosting our photos, what is everyone using which is free and works roughly the same. (i.e. post a URL to a specific photo for threads (Forum friendly etc.)
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

I just use Taptalk app works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed some of the How To's have been effected which is annoying. But I've not yet found a solution. I'm really pissed with potobucket because it means having to upload all those bloody photo's again and frankly I can't be arsed lol.
I've yet to find anything and to be honest I don't think I will bother using another hosting site.

I am slowly getting there updating all my how-to's by uploading the pic's to the server.

If anybody want's me to add their pic's to the server and update the how-to please contact me by PM.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
New on here and must admit it is so bad that you come across some interesting threads and you get that photo bucket restriction.
Sadly Alanmac every forum website is suffering from the issue so it's not just us.

As I've said before I am slowly getting my own pictures updated.

If I had access to everyone's I could do theirs too but sadly most are private.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(27:th-Aug-2017, 13:51:56)Rusty2009 Wrote: Sadly Alanmac every forum website is suffering from the issue so it's not just us.

As I've said before I am slowly getting my own pictures updated.

If I had access to everyone's I could do theirs too but sadly most are private.
Thanks for clarification Rusty - bit of a bummer but life as we know it :-(

Thanks for your endeavours :-)
It was handled very badly by Photobucket (or should i say Facebook) I personally never got any notice in a change of terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
if it had been £20 a year many would have paid it, but $400 is just too much for most.
(27:th-Aug-2017, 19:49:19)vocky Wrote: if it had been £20 a year many would have paid it, but $400 is just too much for most.

Totally agree.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just to say, I've been using imgbb and it seems to be working fine... For now.

If I ever do a how-2 because I find some obscurity not yet done, I'll ask for the photos to be hosted on the server as it's the only way to really ensure they will stick around as long as the forum.

||Sent based on the twin scientific principles of star maths and wishy thinking.||
I now keep getting e-mails saying that I should upgrade my photobucket acount as they are the worlds most popular hosting site (yeah right!!)
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
(7:th-Nov-2017, 21:18:34)niteram Wrote: I now keep getting e-mails saying that I should upgrade my photobucket acount as they are the worlds most popular hosting site (yeah right!!)

Yes I keep getting them too.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
imgur
+1 for Imgur

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photobucket tucpal 1 2,809 27:th-Jan-2015, 07:16:07
Last Post: tucpal