Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
topping up dpf cleaner and oil

Topping up oil and DPF cleaner
Hi Guys
I need to top up Motor oil, can i use this to top up Oil from Asda Castrol Magnetec 5W 30 or do i just buy another 5 litre from Vauxhall, as this is different brand and may be slightly different viscosity, which i am not sure.

5w 30 GM dexos 2 oil this is what i used last time when i did the service.

What do you think of this DPF cleaner , as i saw this in Asda , would you recommend to add this in your Diesel Fuel tank ?

Does it work or would it mess up the components and DPF on the car.

Thanks and much appreciated for your replies.

Attached Files
  IMG_7159.JPG (Size: 208.36 KB / Downloads: 32)
  IMG_7156.JPG (Size: 182.91 KB / Downloads: 25)
  IMG_7158.JPG (Size: 178.43 KB / Downloads: 29)
  IMG_7154.JPG (Size: 189.24 KB / Downloads: 26)
Oil I've always been told it's not good to mix oils.

The best DPF stuff which you pop in the fuel tank then fill up is pro-tec
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-VW-PRO-TE...SwwTlUl0nk

If you DPF is doing constant regens then you you could use this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-D...SwYXVYxu6L

Remove top sensor from DPF squirt it in and give a good hard drive this has seen DPF's go from 96% full to 28% you can also combine the two treatments which may give even better results.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi Rusty,
Thankyou for your reply.

Thankyou for the link.

How would I know if my car is doing a regen, as i never noticed , as I drive my car at weekends only.

I thought I just add the DPF cleaner as a precaution, as my driving is all local very rarely motorway driving.

Where is the Top sensor if I don't mind asking ?
If you have the tap consumer menu it will show rear defrost being on.

Also you incestuous fuel consumption when ticking over will be 3-4.

You could fit an LED
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-HOW...ARNING-LED

If you look down the front the engine your see the DPF behind and there is a sensor there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(26:th-Jul-2017, 22:23:51)caretaker Wrote: How would I know if my car is doing a regen, as i never noticed , as I drive my car at weekends only.

Fuel consumption will increase from 0.2 on tickover to 0.4 or even 0.5 (if you have the fuel computer set to instantaneous consumption). If driving, then the consumption will drop down to 30 mpg, or even lower.

The exhaust note will sound slightly heavier.

You might see smoke emitting from the exhaust.

Performance will feel slightly sluggish.
see Images of the display of my car and consumer menu, but i dont have the top consumer, i may be wrong, so this is why i am attaching the pictures.

further pictures.

further pictures

Attached Files
  speedometer display information scratch.JPG (Size: 223.26 KB / Downloads: 12)
  DSC01526.JPG (Size: 216.51 KB / Downloads: 11)
  DSC01529.JPG (Size: 217.12 KB / Downloads: 10)
  DSC01535.JPG (Size: 219.68 KB / Downloads: 10)
  DSC01536.JPG (Size: 228.85 KB / Downloads: 8)
  IMG_0016.JPG (Size: 192.11 KB / Downloads: 10)
  IMG_0049.JPG (Size: 234.7 KB / Downloads: 9)
  20160222_180204.jpg (Size: 159.92 KB / Downloads: 8)
  20160222_180215.jpg (Size: 164.76 KB / Downloads: 8)
  20160222_180224.jpg (Size: 162.46 KB / Downloads: 97)
  20160222_180241.jpg (Size: 168.53 KB / Downloads: 8)
  20160222_180248.jpg (Size: 162.64 KB / Downloads: 10)
Keep an eye on this one.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks Rusty Top man.

Hi BigDave2,
The point you mentioned about the exhaust sounds slightly heavier , smoke emitting from the exhaust and finding the car performance sluggish, I had this last year and I had the message Diesel Partic Filter is Full Continued Driving Mandatory and I took it for a long drive on motorway and put it on 5th gear and driving at 80mph. It cleared, but I had engine emission light and the MAF mass air flow sensor dirty and I had to replace it,as the car would not pick speed up and on the hill it would not climb even pressing the full acceleration pedal. I tried to clean the MAF sensor by spraying the electrical contact spark cleaner and it did not work.

I was looking for the DPF sensor I could not find it, so I will have to relook at it again by googling and see if there is an image.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel System Cleaner. . Simon Templar 2 3,618 9:th-Mar-2016, 20:25:03
Last Post: Simon Templar