Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
towbar fitted factory

Factory Fitted Towbar
My J has the factory fitted removable towbar, I'm pretty sure it was done as new as when the trailer has a light out it displays on the dash.

But I get no audio/visual warning when my trailer is connected and indicators on, a blessing yes as the buzzer is annoying, but as a legal requirement I thought it should have some form of indication.

Any suggestions on whether I should have an extra buzzer/light and why it aint working?

Cheers
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
When I had aftermarket electrics fitted I had an audio sound when indicating.

Since fitting the factory module and wiring I have no audio sound.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(2:nd-Jul-2017, 07:23:52)Rusty2009 Wrote: When I had aftermarket electrics fitted I had an audio sound when indicating.

Since fitting the factory module and wiring I have no audio sound.

Strange considering it's a legal requirement
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
As I see it you don't have to have a audio sound as you have factory wiring so it will tell you through the canbus if you have a bulb out or faulty light. Don't have a towbar on my Astra but that's how it works on my s max with factory wiring.
That makes sense

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (28:th-Mar-2024, 18:48:59)