Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to mudguards maybe vxr all style pack 1 for how front

How-to front mudguards for vxr style pack 1 (maybe all)
Righty then, i think tucpal has made a how to for the normal styling packs that you get and the rear for my 2016 gtc LE with vxr pack 1 went on perfectly but needed to take the wheels off. For the front i used a T20 torx screwdriver, 4 zip ties, a pencil, sharpie, a drill with various drill bits, a grinder, pin pliers, wire snips and soapy water with sponge. As always read this guide and familiarise yourself before starting

First you want to turn the wheel so you can get access (or take it off it if you want) and line the mud guard up to the arch and put it how it would go on. There will be material in the way but it will be taken off. Mark with your pencil where you need to take off material.
I used a grinder because i found it easier but a jr hacksaw would work just as well. Then keep lining it up and looking to see if any more material needs taking off until it fits on how it should be. I found that it wont fit in the holes that it should but its okay as new holes will be made. Mark where you will drill the new holes and then drill it with a smallish bit (4mm?)
I drilled with a 5mm bit on the front, back and the mud flap to put two zip ties on as the bit that vauxhall gave me wouldnt go on so zip ties made it really solid.

Clean it all once all the holes are drilled and let it dry. It says to use rubbing alcohol on the part where the tape goes. Take the cover off the tape and put it on and put the screws in and i put an extra screw near the top because it was poking out a smidge.
done hope this helps anyone and of course im not responsible for anything that goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you have a picture of them on the car looking side on? I've managed to mod the rear flaps to fit my back bumper but struggling with the fronts I think they might have to sit lower than they should due to the skirt on the vxr.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
(11:th-Jun-2017, 19:59:18)JohnL Wrote: Do you have a picture of them on the car looking side on? I've managed to mod the rear flaps to fit my back bumper but struggling with the fronts I think they might have to sit lower than they should due to the skirt on the vxr.

Yeahh i found they sat about 30mm lower but i didnt mind

Is that what you wanted? If not please just ask. Dont mind the muck but you can see that they work though haha

Thanks that's spot on. Mine seem to have to lower than that so will take another look.

(11:th-Jun-2017, 20:21:10)JohnL Wrote: Thanks that's spot on. Mine seem to have to lower than that so will take another look.

Awesome i nearly cut down to the flat bit (if that makes sense) so it went up as much as possible. But im chuffed that this helped someone

I think the vxr skirt sits a bit lower as I made a cardboard template to try and work out how much to cut off but it would need to be down past the flat bit. Might see if I can find some draft exclusion foam and use that to fill the little gap.

(11:th-Jun-2017, 20:28:57)JohnL Wrote: I think the vxr skirt sits a bit lower as I made a cardboard template to try and work out how much to cut off but it would need to be down past the flat bit. Might see if I can find some draft exclusion foam and use that to fill the little gap.

Ayeee i was thinking if i cut the flat bit then glued it back on but i just went nah it wouldnt be as strong let it sit a tiny bit lower. Cut a bit of the taped bit as you say its lower and a bit wider

All done.on fronts I fitted some foam just case it flexes and rubs on the wing.
I am glad it helped looks good and no more stone chips

(13:th-Jun-2017, 20:48:06)JohnL Wrote: All done.on fronts I fitted some foam just case it flexes and rubs on the wing.
What is the OEM number for the actual mud flaps you used?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to fit a Front Grill Astra J tucpal 3 27,263 1:st-Mar-2019, 18:51:22
Last Post: blacknik
  How-to remove front bumper from Astra-j (MK6 5 Door Facelift) Rusty2009 31 49,212 28:th-Dec-2016, 22:58:13
Last Post: tucpal
  Front Bumper lower grille allymorrison70 2 6,953 12:th-May-2016, 23:01:33
Last Post: allymorrison70

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Thebatfink (16:th-Jul-2023, 16:39:24)