Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
gauge wire speaker

Speaker wire gauge

Wondering if anybody knows the wire gauge going to the door speakers. I'm assumings it's equivalent among astra/insignia since basically the whole cd400/dvd800 seems identical. If it's 20awg or thicker I suppose there's very little point in running new wires from the amp vs extending them from behind the headunit and then to the amp.
it certainly will not be more than 20AWG (0.8mm), car makers tend to use the smallest wires they can get away with
Vauxhall use 1.0mm on the infinity setup up-to the doors then drop to 0.75mm inside the door to the speakers
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Not too bad. Will have to give it some more thought as to whether that suffices for my 80W RMS Focal's.
Looks like it's a no-go, rears would cover over 20ft so I better wire them myself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Green Wire (near accelerator pedal) sheppy1 8 5,754 20:th-Jan-2016, 17:36:24
Last Post: sheppy1
  Speaker Connectors Lewis6317 3 4,148 3:rd-Jul-2015, 07:17:34
Last Post: Rusty2009