Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
gtc sport from opel australia

Opel GTC Sport, From Australia.
This is my Opel GTC Sport, from when opel tried for 12 months to make it in Aus, it's a full spec astra with full leather, navi 900, 1.6 
Turbo. the only things its missing is AFL's and Adaptive suspension. So far ive only fitted front mud flaps to it (modified genuine ones). next mods include Retrofit TPMS, and rear mud flaps. 

Bold move by GM. Surely they know that Holden is too deeply embedded to be replaced by Opel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(3:rd-May-2017, 18:09:37)bhalay207 Wrote: Bold move by GM. Surely they know that Holden is too deeply embedded to be replaced by Opel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opel tried to position itself as a premium brand so australia got upper spec models, they lasted 12 months before leaving, i think that's when the Holden commodore was decided to be the new insignia and holden was to use more opel models, so opel wouldn't of had much of a unique product range.
fitted some led headlight globes last night and after a night time drive decided they were no good the throw of the beam just wasn't as good as the halogen ones.
(8:th-Sep-2017, 09:19:33)Tylerrattv Wrote: fitted some led headlight globes last night and after a night time drive decided they were no good the throw of the beam just wasn't as good as the halogen ones.

which LED globes did you get?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auxito-A...0.0.z4sPGn

These but you cant put the caps back on the headlights, they obstruct. You'll need the 9012 ones.
(11:th-Sep-2017, 10:44:33)Tylerrattv Wrote: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auxito-A...0.0.z4sPGn

These but you cant put the caps back on the headlights, they obstruct. You'll need the 9012 ones.

I have the 5 door, so H7 bulbs. It took a bit of custom fit for LEDs - Had to get LED bulbs that where the heatsink can be dismounted , then had to get bulb holders with a wider hole, and some washers to hold in place between the bulb and heatsink. I'm on my 2nd set from the same seller, supposed version 4 but still have to adjust the beam as I just installed it. The previous version 3 had a good light pattern even on reflector housing but one of them blew after a year so seller offered to replace as part of warranty or if I added a bit more got a pair of new version 4s.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra Sport Tourer by Dooks Dooks 17 13,485 18:th-May-2020, 11:07:26
Last Post: Rusty2009
  My Astra j sport tourer 2.0cdti Ykrats 1 4,829 11:th-Jan-2019, 09:22:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  OPEL ASTRA J SPORT TOURER 1.7CDTI GEORGE GEORGE 63 30,965 2:nd-Jun-2018, 19:33:58
Last Post: umognog
  Astra J Sports Tourer from SYD Australia sanj424 10 6,769 11:th-Jul-2017, 04:49:56
Last Post: sanj424
  My son-in-law new Sport Tourer cornishtaz 20 10,351 22:nd-Jan-2017, 22:08:09
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Opel Astra Sport combi hejhopp123 hejhopp123 56 24,063 18:th-Dec-2016, 12:17:16
Last Post: hejhopp123

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (7:th-Jul-2023, 21:37:16), LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 07:07:28)