Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
in new tourer sport son my law

My son-in-law new Sport Tourer
My son-in-law recently bought a 13plate 1.7cdti Tourer.

Its been in my garage for the last week so I've carried out a few mods.

Started with VXR pedals

Insignia VXLINE gearstick

Then a full white led conversion, I also added ambient lighting in the doors, gear surround and interior light.

It had a quick clean today the pictures hide the shocking paintwork it needs a good machine polish.

Next to do is tint hi-lvl brake light and rear reflectors then upgrade exterior lighting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cool good starting point
he certanly has left the car in the correct place haha
I've been trying to work out if its a face-lift model. What are the differences?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looking good mate.

Yes it's a facelift you can tell by the front bumper, and indicators.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Should there be any chrome in the front bumper?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Depends on trim level iirc SE & Elite only had chrome strip on bottom of lower grill and around fog surrounds.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Ok thanks this is a basic spec Exclusive. Hopefully they can be added

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chrome can be but your looking about £60 used for the lower grill one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
That white is exactly what I was looking to do on mine but the general opinion was it wouldn't be bright enough during the day

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(10:th-Oct-2016, 20:42:57)bhalay207 Wrote: That white is exactly what I was looking to do on mine but the general opinion was it wouldn't be bright enough during the day

It's what I wanted too but got the same answer regarding brightness

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

So @cornishtaz how do they fair during the day?

I'll let you know as he's picking his car up later. I think they'll be ok as my K has white leds and that's fine during the day. Also the dial surrounds were white from the factory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you can let us know that would be great. My other half has white displays with red buttons and I really like the look

Ok mate will do

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good choice. =)
Where do all of you find the vxline gearstick?I can't find it nowhere.
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
(15:th-Oct-2016, 08:09:13)sotoskon Wrote: Where do all of you find the vxline gearstick?I can't find it nowhere.

There is a guy on VXOC Astra J UK facebook called Michael Dolan who sells Insignia VX Line gear sticks (They fit the Astra J) and genuine alloy pedal covers.
Thanks
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
Pics of the radio display and IPC during the day with white leds

The radio display looks slightly blue as its got a blue coating on it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
good work being done
Small update on the ST

All rear windows tinted

Matt grey door trims and centre surround replaced with gloss silver/black trim, just need gloss silver vent surrounds

Replaced non armrest centre console with a armrest one (need to get a new handbrake gaiter)

Installed rear interior light

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra Sport Tourer by Dooks Dooks 17 13,395 18:th-May-2020, 11:07:26
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra Elite Tourer 2.0 CDTI. Steveb19111978 67 25,617 25:th-Sep-2019, 18:39:00
Last Post: Steveb19111978
  My Astra j sport tourer 2.0cdti Ykrats 1 4,814 11:th-Jan-2019, 09:22:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J Sports Tourer SRI 2.0 CDTI AphoticSketch 4 4,964 12:th-Nov-2018, 10:29:03
Last Post: AphoticSketch
  Umognog's Astra Sports Tourer 2.0 CDTi SE umognog 101 27,844 30:th-Jun-2018, 20:24:35
Last Post: umognog
  OPEL ASTRA J SPORT TOURER 1.7CDTI GEORGE GEORGE 63 30,888 2:nd-Jun-2018, 19:33:58
Last Post: umognog
  Progress thread sports tourer chills21 6 6,968 5:th-May-2018, 17:12:03
Last Post: Steveb19111978
  Opel GTC Sport, From Australia. Tylerrattv 6 4,877 10:th-Oct-2017, 00:11:47
Last Post: sanj424
  Astra J Sports Tourer from SYD Australia sanj424 10 6,728 11:th-Jul-2017, 04:49:56
Last Post: sanj424
  Opel Astra Sport combi hejhopp123 hejhopp123 56 23,992 18:th-Dec-2016, 12:17:16
Last Post: hejhopp123