Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to carpet vacuum impossible

Carpet impossible to vacuum
Is it just me or is the inside carpet, both in cabine and boot, impossible to vacuum properly.. especially the flexfloor is hard.

Every thing sticks to the carpet. I had a Vectra C OPC before and the carpet was very different and a lot easier to vacuum and get clear.. 

The carpet also feels a lot cheaper and not what you would expect in a newish car... It feels like something you would use for selfmade subwoofer cabinet.

I vacuum my car every week and also use rubber floormats in the winter time.. But still I feel it is a pain to vacuum.

Am I the only one?
I bought a cheap rubber boot liner that I cut to size to protect the carpet in the boot. Not a lot you can do about the front of the car unless you buy large rubber floor mats that you also cut to size to protect most of the carpet. It is the fibre that makes it hard to hoover, they may as well of used velcro.
I bought the OEM boot liner for my GTC, well worth the few quid in my opinion
(14:th-Jan-2017, 20:04:53)stigeye Wrote: It is the fibre that makes it hard to hoover, they may as well of used velcro.

Yes it´s just as hard to vacuum.

(15:th-Jan-2017, 10:22:09)vocky Wrote: I bought the OEM boot liner for my GTC, well worth the few quid in my opinion

I have thought about doing that... 47punds is the price for it.
(14:th-Jan-2017, 19:22:49)Hummelshøj Wrote: Is it just me or is the inside carpet, both in cabine and boot, impossible to vacuum properly.. especially the flexfloor is hard.

Every thing sticks to the carpet. I had a Vectra C OPC before and the carpet was very different and a lot easier to vacuum and get clear.. 

The carpet also feels a lot cheaper and not what you would expect in a newish car... It feels like something you would use for selfmade subwoofer cabinet.

I vacuum my car every week and also use rubber floormats in the winter time.. But still I feel it is a pain to vacuum.

Am I the only one?
Hi mate,

As a detailer, this is part and parcel of my job.

The only way to guarantee a clean carpet every time, is to shampoo it.

My J is the same, which is why I shampoo it everytime.

Mix some APC (all purpose cleaner) with some water. Around 1:10 Dilution.

Spray all over, covering the entire area, and use a scrubbing brush in a circular motion, which will loosen the dirt particals.

Use a microfibre towel to remove the foam if any.

After this, use a wet vacuum or a extractor to soak up the fluid.

Then voila.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Had this problem myself,

I bought a dog hair remover... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272034324824

IT's like a squeegee you use for windows, but it has a wide soft-ish rubber rather than a thin rubber a window squeegie has,

it works amazingly well, gets all the hairs, twigs, bits of cotton, small stones etc out that get stuck in car carpets, just scrape them into a pile and use the hover to suck them away.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carpet mat recommendations Big Dave2 11 6,100 25:th-Oct-2017, 11:14:22
Last Post: Big Dave2