Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
lancashire hello from

Hello from Lancashire
Hi,
I'm not yet an Astra owner (although my wife's picking her Astra K up today), but I'm on the lookout for a good deal on an Astra J.

I've registered on here to see what I need to look for when looking at cars, so hope to learn plenty
Hi and welcome to Vxoc Gaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to VXOC.

What spec and engine are looking for?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(26:th-Apr-2017, 07:01:33)Rusty2009 Wrote: Welcome to VXOC.

Thanks

To be honest, I don't really know. My first ever car was an Astra F, and I've had a couple of different Vauxhalls since then, but currently driving a Peugeot 307cc so a bit out of the loop Vauxhall wise....we've just bought my wife an Astra K 1.4t SRi Nav so researched the Astra K quite a bit but not sure what to look for with the J's as I think budget is going to be the main deciding factor.

Are there any particular engines/versions to try and avoid?
Avoid the N/A (non turbo lumps).

I along with others would urge you towards the 2.0CDTI it's the best engine in the range IMHO, if you find one with S/S and 17" Alloys Tax is only £30 a year.
Elite is top end (but doesn't have NAVI Bluetooth or DAB as standard) So I would try and tick them boxes a big Box is AFL if at all possible as the halogen headlights are crap (but this is very rare to find).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(26:th-Apr-2017, 09:35:17)gazfocus Wrote:

Thanks

To be honest, I don't really know. My first ever car was an Astra F, and I've had a couple of different Vauxhalls since then, but currently driving a Peugeot 307cc so a bit out of the loop Vauxhall wise....we've just bought my wife an Astra K 1.4t SRi Nav so researched the Astra K quite a bit but not sure what to look for with the J's as I think budget is going to be the main deciding factor.

Go for petrol! The government are bringing out a new law on diesels where if you go into a city then you pay a charge because the british air is crap and its got too much nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide which diesels make when they are used in cities (word of warning) i just sold my 1.6 auto petrol elite and i loved it! Going to get a gtc tomorrow hopefully

(28:th-Apr-2017, 01:53:10)Jon_es Wrote:

Thanks

Go for petrol! The government are bringing out a new law on diesels where if you go into a city then you pay a charge because the british air is crap and its got too much nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide which diesels make when they are used in cities (word of warning) i just sold my 1.6 auto petrol elite and i loved it! Going to get a gtc tomorrow hopefully

I think most people can't see what's going on.

The government are blaming Drev's for pollution.

So this is scaring people into buying petrol cars thus boosts the economy etc. But also the it makes more pollution (than keeping the old one on the road) scraping said car and making new one.

Once everyone has gone petrol they will then blame petrol's and thus scare people into buying electric cars.

Considering the government encouraged us to buy diesels I think they may well find themselves in hot water, which could cost the taxpayer, as those owners of diesels cars pull together to recoup the costs that are imposed on us.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(29:th-Apr-2017, 07:37:41)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(28:th-Apr-2017, 01:53:10)Jon_es Wrote:

Thanks

I think most people can't see what's going on.

The government are blaming Drev's for pollution.

So this is scaring people into buying petrol cars thus boosts the economy etc. But also the it makes more pollution (than keeping the old one on the road) scraping said car and making new one.

Once everyone has gone petrol they will then blame petrol's and thus scare people into buying electric cars.

Considering the government encouraged us to buy diesels I think they may well find themselves in hot water, which could cost the taxpayer, as those owners of diesels cars pull together to recoup the costs that are imposed on us.

I agree with you but also how many vans go into the cities? The government have told lots of people to buy diesels which are better on long journeys but worse in stop start traffic. But electric car are rubbish for long journeys and you need to change the batteries which need to go to various countries to be refined which creates pollution. Silly

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello From Lancashire! Dewie93 2 3,912 29:th-Nov-2014, 16:32:45
Last Post: Rusty2009