Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
lights fog schematics

Fog Lights Schematics
Hi, I want to add front fog lamps. Is there a schematic? I could not find the location of the front fog lamp relay.

Thank you
They run off the fuse box.

Also they require a VCI otherwise they won't function.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(15:th-Apr-2017, 08:08:24)Rusty2009 Wrote: They run off the fuse box.

Also they require a VCI otherwise they won't function.

how. Do you have a schematic
how. Do you have a schematic
I'll get it later.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I wanna do the same for my siggy, do you happen to have a schematic for that too Rusty?
I have sourced the light switchs, H10 bulbs, contra plugs for those bulbs, the lights and the bumper inserts so I think I have everything, unless there's another control box I need. If that's the case I'll probably get the happylightshow alternative as that simplifies a whole bunch, but OEM is prefered.
(5:th-May-2017, 12:09:04)zzattack Wrote: I wanna do the same for my siggy, do you happen to have a schematic for that too Rusty?
I have sourced the light switchs, H10 bulbs, contra plugs for those bulbs, the lights and the bumper inserts so I think I have everything, unless there's another control box I need. If that's the case I'll probably get the happylightshow alternative as that simplifies a whole bunch, but OEM is prefered.

Here you go.

You will need a VCI code to turn them on at the BCM.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks, looks like I need just the wiring and the relay then. I'll hop by the dealer's for those. The happylightshow module seems to do corner lighting which doesn't seem possible OEM as they're wired in parallel if I understand correctly. But I don't care much for that anyway.
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
Relay is built into the fuse board and non serviceable.

It would cheaper to make the loom yourself than buying from dealers.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'll make the loom myself, I've got the plugs/crimper tool etc.
Can you elaborate on the relay? Will it already be there? How can I hook up to it? Or do I need to grab the control signal somewhere else and use a generic automotive relay?
It's inside the fuse board soldered to the board and is therefore a non serviceable part.

The signal comes from the switch to the BCM then from the BCM to the fuse-board.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Aha, so I think I understand. The BCM just needs to be programmed so that it actually generates the signal then? Will the fuse board already be populated with the required relay part? How do we add wiring to that?
I think it'll be best if I just take a look at this fuse board, might clear up a whole lot for me.
In my book 'soldered' and 'non-servicable' don't match. Large part of my job is to do with pcb design and assembly
Yes that's correct. Yes all fuse boards have the fog light relay.

Every fog light retrofit I've done the wire is there from the BCM to the fuse board.

All I've had to do is fit new switch, make a loom and fit & fit fog lights then request the VCI from GM & program the BCM & IPC.

Vauxhall class it as non-serviceable (most likely because it's quicker just to fit a new board rather than to open up the board and locate the relay de-solder & replace). Anybody who has knowledge & is able to replace parts on the PCB could do it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Awesome. Then all I need is to run the positive wire from the fusebox to the fogs and get a ground somewhere on the chassis for the lamps.
I'll try to source some contact pins so that they integrate neatly into the fusebox, or if I can't find them I'll just use a fusebox tap.
VCI hopefully isn't gonna be a problem, cuz I got the authorization code for the security features programming in the mail yesterday.
You would have buy them in a set amount or multiples of 10 from the likes of mouser but they would charge around £16 P&P unless you spend £50 before VAT.

Here's a link the terminal you want
http://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/De...EixH6n8%3d
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks!! I buy at mouser weekly so that's not a problem.
About to order them, but figured I should ask this too. Since I'll also be upgrading my speaker wires, I was wondering if the same plugs are used for the connector in the doors?
Are there empty pins in the door connector, and if so, can we populate them? If so, do you happen to have a similar link for the crimp pins used on those?
(12:th-May-2017, 11:34:10)zzattack Wrote: About to order them, but figured I should ask this too. Since I'll also be upgrading my speaker wires, I was wondering if the same plugs are used for the connector in the doors?
Are there empty pins in the door connector, and if so, can we populate them? If so, do you happen to have a similar link for the crimp pins used on those?

I'll look the links up when I get home.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(13:th-May-2017, 07:27:43)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(12:th-May-2017, 11:34:10)zzattack Wrote: About to order them, but figured I should ask this too. Since I'll also be upgrading my speaker wires, I was wondering if the same plugs are used for the connector in the doors?

I'll look the links up when I get home.

I think I found them. The connectors are Delphi part # 13600511 (male) and 13600509 (female). Compatible pins for 1.5mm² wire (AWG 15 roughly) are listed but must be purchased as reel with crazy lead times.
http://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Delph...s/15482337
http://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Delph...s/15458185
So... they would be a no-go.

The connector appears to fit DSQ and DCS-2 series terminals. Looking at their drawings, they don't seem all that different from the much more common AMP/TE superseal connectors so I might give that a go. They definitely seem like they will be properly crimped by a similar die.

I put together a mouser query (for AWG 16-14)

This leaves us with about 2 candidates:
male: http://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Delph...u6d8V8c%3d
female: http://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Delph...%2fEpF8%3d

Kinda steep at about €1 a piece... shame it's not a commodity but I've grabbed a few and hopefully they'll suffice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake lights GILSLEY87 7 2,541 4:th-Jan-2021, 14:28:37
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Heated Seats Pin Out's & Schematics Rusty2009 3 20,187 29:th-Mar-2019, 17:42:46
Last Post: zaapp
  HID - Xenon Lights Desperado 5 4,149 12:th-Feb-2018, 11:13:24
Last Post: Desperado
  Esp,Abs lights Micky G 2 5,098 9:th-Feb-2017, 21:58:51
Last Post: Micky G
  Headlight/ taillights schematics milika 4 5,474 3:rd-Apr-2016, 08:36:42
Last Post: Rusty2009