Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
holder bulb drl

DRL bulb holder
Hi, upgraded to led DRLs, (2l GTC SRI 3D 63 plate) which aren't working. Is it possible that I may have put the plastic bulb holder in the wrong way or will it only go in one way, if you get my drift.? Not with car atm so will try after work, just thought Id ask before I knacked them trying.
Thanks in advance
Ronnie
yes try turning the bulb 180
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yeah thanks Rusty mate, I've put the original ones back and are working ok, Im wondering if I be ordered the wrong ones ....HID Direct 21/5W 5050 27`SMD or there both duff?
Sounds right mate these ones?

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/w21-5w-canb...air-white/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Cheers.....yeah, there the ones, came in quite a big box in comparison with the size of the bulbs, with no packing. They look quite robust so not sure if they may have been damaged during transit, they look ok but not sure how much punishment they can handle.
Do have a 12v power source?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I was thinking of how I could test them. Yeah I have.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Which terminals do I connect +&- to mate?

Got a multimeter but haven't a clue how to use it on these leds

Check this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhYpU33TrDQ

or this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjLLKAtoPYI
Thank you Jerry, I've just tested them thanks to your link, and both bulbs are ok on both high and low modes, but for some reason they don't work on the car, this is a long shot but does the car have to be in motion for LEDs to work?

No mate.

It is a weird one did you rotate the bulb?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah tried that too Rusty, just put them back on the car now but no joy. Am I right in saying their not on the canbus so cant be that?

Ok some success Rusty haha, turned bulbs 180 and I've got the offside drl working, no joy with nearside. Its something daft. Once I find it, their staying in the life of the car 😎

Try closing the contacts in the holder it sounds more like it's not quite making a connection.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Maybe it's a bad conntact like @Rusty wrote.
Did you modifed the LEDs? On the bulb holder one pin is empty (nr.1) at least on 5door. You need to lead both negative pins on LED together in position 4.
You can check some detailed pictures of the bulb holder and pin-out in @Tucpal tread: https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-HOW...a-J-5-door
Hi, its a 3 door, Im not sure that I need to modify them to dim down, yeah Im gonna swap bulb holders over to see if it could be a poor contact.

Just like to thank you guys for your help, the problem was the contacts on the bulb, the pins needed pulling out just a fraction as to make contact with the housing, and they also dim down with side lights, jobs a goodin. Cheers lads

Glad you've sorted it

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S