Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
black white or

Black or White
HI Im fortunate to have the chance of buying my first GTC SRI 2ltr Diesel. I thought it was gonna be plain sailing in buying a white one, then saw a black one, wow they both look good. Both with roughly the same spec. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how the blacks fairs up with scratches etc?
Thank you in advance
Ronnie
i'll never buy another black car... way too much cleaning. whites not much better but doesn't show the dirt quite as badly
Thanks for that mate, yeah its gonna be white then, I had a black focus years ago and tbh it never looked clean. So white it is.
Cheers my friend
As above. Black looks gorgeous when clean but a nightmare to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Asteroid Grey is nice on the GTC
Agree the grey looks nice, cheers for your help lads I've bought the white one. Very happy with my choice
(1:st-Apr-2017, 17:08:14)ronnierae Wrote: Agree the grey looks nice, cheers for your help lads I've bought the white one. Very happy with my choice

Good choice

Er, although the above looks very nice!! I can see 5 doors! Decided against the GTC then?

Those look like the 19" wheels fitted to the GTC VXR without Aero Pack too?

Doh!!

Sorry!! Just realised...Tonto posted the pic, well it is early. Post a pic of your chosen White GTC.
(2:nd-Apr-2017, 06:29:37)srea064 Wrote: Er, although the above looks very nice!! I can see 5 doors! Decided against the GTC then?

Those look like the 19" wheels fitted to the GTC VXR without Aero Pack too?

Doh!!

Sorry!! Just realised...Tonto posted the pic, well it is early. Post a pic of your chosen White GTC.

Yup they're the non aero 19" VXR wheels lol, my J

Yeah will do mate

Just bought Heka deflectors, going to black the wheels this weekend hopefully weather permitting.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
(1:st-Apr-2017, 20:46:01)Tonto Wrote:
(1:st-Apr-2017, 17:08:14)ronnierae Wrote: Agree the grey looks nice, cheers for your help lads I've bought the white one. Very happy with my choice

Good choice

@tonto are your wheels on the wrong way?

(6:th-Apr-2017, 10:08:16)bhalay207 Wrote:
(1:st-Apr-2017, 20:46:01)Tonto Wrote:

Good choice

@tonto are your wheels on the wrong way?

Hahah how can they be on the wrong way?

One side the fan goes forward and the other goes backwards. They don't make the alloys for left side and right side..

Yeah I know it sounds weird haha. I thought they should all go forwards if they're a fan design. Live and learn lol.

(7:th-Apr-2017, 21:20:56)bhalay207 Wrote: Yeah I know it sounds weird haha. I thought they should all go forwards if they're a fan design. Live and learn lol.

I know what you mean, they'd have to sell the alloys as two lefts and two rights lol.

I will never buy another white car... Impossible to keep clean. Or maybe I should move somewhere else where it doesn't rain as much...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

The sides of mine never get too bad unless left for months. The rear I think all J's have that problem lol

Coming along nicely

That's different not seen anyone paint the disc hub before.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi Rusty, they were so rusty I thought Id paint them too, hpe it dosent look ott, Im planning of fitting a front splitter and side skirts and maybe painting them white, Can you or anyone advise me where and what to look for when purchasing them.

No it looks nice TBH. I've still got my front splitter sat in my dads garage. I got a genuine Vauxhall one on ebay.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You planning on fitting it?

(29:th-Apr-2017, 16:05:53)ronnierae Wrote: You planning on fitting it?

Yes at some point most likely when I have the full respray done.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The car looks nice! I went ooo when i saw the red paint on the calliper, hub and nuts and nahh not ott. Do you think the mud flaps help at all?

Cheers mate, yeah with the GTC's wide wheels, (which is one of the reasons why I bought the GTC) the mudflaps definitely reduce the muck flipping up the sides. Got them off eBay genuine GM perfect fit.

(30:th-Apr-2017, 20:14:39)ronnierae Wrote: Cheers mate, yeah with the GTC's wide wheels, (which is one of the reasons why I bought the GTC) the mudflaps definitely reduce the muck flipping up the sides. Got them off eBay genuine GM perfect fit.

Hmmm i am getting a load of little cosmetic mods and im thinking they might save me money in long run because i wont have to clean it as much how much were yours and how easy were they to fit?

Quite pricey mate, but genuine GM parts so a perfect fit, very easy to install because the screw holes line up with original holes on the car. I fitted them while I had the wheels off painting them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI (white) Owner! Astro 3 5,787 19:th-May-2017, 13:37:37
Last Post: marcus01