Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
deal gm psa

PSA - GM deal
What is your opinion regarding Vauxhall and Opel new owner?
?? actually not so excited
It's tough one.

Knowing at least 1 person who works at the port I'm concerned for them.

On the other side it could be a good move they might stop basing all new models of the Adam & you never know they my relax this VCI BS.

All we can do is sit on the fence and wait to see what happens.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Not sure it will be a good thing for the British car industry worker , GM have been losing money for years on Vauxhall & Opel , too many model variations trying to compete in a very tough environment. Would like to think that maybe they will go to a "one car" type platform (common engine, drive train , chassis etc) and maybe standardise on model variations etc ....who knows ?
As GM were losing so much money on the european side I would think there is a better chance of survival now someone else has taken over. If the sale hadn't gone through I think that sooner rather than later cut backs would have happened anyway and it would have been throughout europe. The current Peugeot fleet has a better reputation than Vauxhall currently and their cars are definitely more reliable and better put together than they were 10 years ago. There should be more cautious optimism rather than doom and gloom, and hopefully as Russell stated, maybe a relaxation on VCI.