Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags

Hi guys, my name is Dave, I found this site after browsing for how to remove a front bumper from an Astra J, as I have recently purchased a 2010 SRI & discovered that the bumper had a Tiger, adhesive, attached, passenger side, bodged bumper, where the bumper meets the wing.
I found a great description, with pictures on here, thanks Rusty.
I have now removed the clip piece which was still in the bumper & now need to find the best way to re-attach it to the bumper. Any ideas???
Also discovered that the idiot before has riveted the 4 holes on the underside of the bumper attachment, so also need to drill them out!!!
Hello Dave, Welcome to to the site. Happy you found it very helpful, With the issue you have Once some of out more experienced members like Rusty and Tucpal are online im sure they would be great help for you mate.
I have never removed the bumper myself, so i wouldn't be much help and wouldn't want to guess anything.
Many thanks Lewis.
welcome dave

so it looks like the car has had a front end hit at some point
the bottom should not be riveted they should be 4 plastic plugs in there
if the side bracket has shaped off then you would have to bond it back on
before you refitted it you can buy new fixing brackets if they are damaged

here is a left hand side one does it look like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OPEL-...3cde9196f6
Thanks Tupcal
Yeah definitely had a front ender of some description, maybe bumper pulled away type!! What I meant to say was that I have the piece from the bumper that was broken off in the wing. I spoke to Vauxhall, whom typically said I would need a new bumper!!!!
I only noticed it when looking at it from my front window, the bumper was lower under the headlight on the passenger side!!
As I said, it was badly tigered at the join. Would you remove the whole bumper & fibreglass the piece back on to the bumper?
Firstly though I need to remove the rivets!!!!
Such a bodge.
you could tiger seal it back on but as you say fiberglass would be stronger
you would have to remove the bumper to do this
the rivets are going to be a pain to drill out
were the origanl plug holes damaged if not get the correct plugs
for when you put the front bumper back on
Don't know re holes, fingers crossed they will be ok. Take it they will be the 8mm plugs, I've had to put some of them in the arch liners, as were missing!!
May get local garage to drill them out. Just hope not too much else is destroyed under there.
Thanks again.
Dave Wrote:Don't know re holes, fingers crossed they will be ok. Take it they will be the 8mm plugs, I've had to put some of them in the arch liners, as were missing!!
May get local garage to drill them out. Just hope not too much else is destroyed under there.
Thanks again.
When I recently took my front bumper off, all 4 plastic plugs were missing, vx couldn't find me the part so I just went to Halford, there are a set there which are perfect
Hello and Welcome Dave, Hope you enjoy your stay here at VX.O.C Astra-J/GTC it seems Tucpal has you covered with the front bumper.

I would say it might be easier to get another bumper off ebay rather than muck around trying to fix it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks Cameron
I have bought a packet off ebay and filled the holes left in the arches, so hopefully have enough for the underneath!!
Hi Rusty & thank you. Trouble is that it is in decent condition outside of the clip & stupid rivets underneath, it has parking sensors too!!
I think i'll try & get it off to have a real look at what lies ahead. Kind regards.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old member returns Big Dave2 2 1,230 17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
  a new member short introduction azajus 4 4,412 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:21:25
Last Post: Rusty2009
  new member wanting to upgrade mk6 sri Mk101 8 5,493 23:rd-Feb-2021, 07:56:42
Last Post: Rusty2009
  New member Alex97lewis 4 3,820 17:th-Nov-2020, 10:48:59
Last Post: Alex97lewis
  Hi from a new member Chickenstu 2 3,328 16:th-Sep-2020, 21:05:21
Last Post: Chickenstu